Ticketing of flights.

gogo65

Hi all,

Just a question in regards to flights. I’ve never previously booked flights as part of a package, so I’m not sure what the ‘norm’ is.

We booked about a 6 weeks ago for a cruise in July, business class airfares included (Sydney-Oslo-Tromso, Reykjavik-Sydney).

I've gone online to do seat allocation and also book our free limousine transfers (flying emirates), however flight still isn’t ticketed yet. 

Can anyone give me an indication of when the flights are generally ticketed, when booking directly through Silversea?

Thanks.

Hi there,

Ticketing is usually 120 days out that is what it says on my paperwork !!! Sounds like a great cruise had a

look on line but cant find did you book  this though Silversea Sydney,

hope this helps,

Have great cruise,

Dale.:classic_biggrin:

Edited by aussiechick7
forgot to ask about cruise online

This is my very first and also my last time with Silversea. I only book with them becaus of the itinerary. We asked to get our flights ticketed to apply for the Ghana visa. We were promised to get them in time. Now, 13 days before our departure there's still no sign of any tickets thus I contacted them again via my travel agency. That's all I can contribute to your question.

21 hours ago, aussiechick7 said:

Hi there,

Ticketing is usually 120 days out that is what it says on my paperwork !!! Sounds like a great cruise had a

look on line but cant find did you book  this though Silversea Sydney,

hope this helps,

Have great cruise,

Dale.:classic_biggrin:

Thanks Dale, we are 112 days out now, so I may call and ask.

yes this was booked through silversea Australia, they had a promotion for four arctic cruises that included business class airfares, was a great deal, only lasted for a week or so, having 3 days in Oslo before flying up to Tromso then 4 days in Reykjavik after before flying home.

leave Tromso on 22/7 on silver cloud, for 14 nights. We were given perfect flight timings, all on emirates. I thought with the deal because it was a good price they may throw us on China eastern or something just as bad with numerous stopovers etc so we’re pleasantly surprised at the options available.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, celles said:

This is my very first and also my last time with Silversea. I only book with them becaus of the itinerary. We asked to get our flights ticketed to apply for the Ghana visa. We were promised to get them in time. Now, 13 days before our departure there's still no sign of any tickets thus I contacted them again via my travel agency. That's all I can contribute to your question.

Celles that doesn’t seem great.

have you got your booking reference number? You could call the airline directly. 

gogo65 - can't help you with flight questions because we always book our own. But just wanted to wish you a great cruise. We have looked at this itinerary, which combines Svalbard and Iceland, with a visit to Jan Mayen, for a long time. But we have only done the shorter Svalbard itinerary.

We board Silver Cloud in Reykjavik the day you get off, for a 9-day circumnavigation of Iceland. So, we'll count on you to keep the ship in tip-top shape for us!

It looks like Cloud is scheduled to dock in the old/small harbor called Miðbakki, right in downtown Reykjavik, for your disembarkation / our embarkation. We'll be staying at a downtown hotel that's within walking distance of that pier. We will wave to you when you come in, bright and early Monday morning!

Edited by jpalbny

12 hours ago, Alturia said:

We've used Silvesea in the US  to arrange flights 2 times. Both times the tickets were issued about 60 days in advance.

My flights (included with and booked by SS for Nov 2019 Whisper cruise) are in my United Airlines profile but I believe my travel agent told me they haven't been ticketed yet.  She said 60 days out, too.  Not sure how that works as I see seat assignments already.  But like any airline, seats and times are subject to change.

15 hours ago, Alturia said:

We've used Silvesea in the US  to arrange flights 2 times. Both times the tickets were issued about 60 days in advance.

Thanks Alturia, maybe I need to wait a little longer.

2 hours ago, MHF said:

My flights (included with and booked by SS for Nov 2019 Whisper cruise) are in my United Airlines profile but I believe my travel agent told me they haven't been ticketed yet.  She said 60 days out, too.  Not sure how that works as I see seat assignments already.  But like any airline, seats and times are subject to change.

Yes I can see them on the Emirates website using the booking reference but I can’t do anything with the booking, lucky you’ve got your seat assignments as well.

13 hours ago, jpalbny said:

gogo65 - can't help you with flight questions because we always book our own. But just wanted to wish you a great cruise. We have looked at this itinerary, which combines Svalbard and Iceland, with a visit to Jan Mayen, for a long time. But we have only done the shorter Svalbard itinerary.

We board Silver Cloud in Reykjavik the day you get off, for a 9-day circumnavigation of Iceland. So, we'll count on you to keep the ship in tip-top shape for us!

It looks like Cloud is scheduled to dock in the old/small harbor called Miðbakki, right in downtown Reykjavik, for your disembarkation / our embarkation. We'll be staying at a downtown hotel that's within walking distance of that pier. We will wave to you when you come in, bright and early Monday morning!

Thanks jpalbany, this was a replacement cruise after Ponant cancelled our Iceland to Quebec via Greenland cruise. At the time we couldn’t find anything that excited us, we were so disappointed that it was cancelled (booked over 18months out), so instead we booked the family to go to Switzerland for a white Christmas. Then we saw this special via email and thought why not...now I’m excited! Svalbard looks amazing. 

We are hoping to just walk to our hotel straight from the ship (also close by), drop our bags and go exploring, we’ve only got 3 days so want to make the most of it, at least we see the north west area on the ship, so we can focus on the south while on land. 

I’ll wave as walk past each other 🙂

Just an update for anyone else who may want to know about ticketing of flights, coincidentally, our flights were ticketed yesterday, 111 days out. seats had already been allocated, and the option to book the free limo transfers with Emirates is available.

Thansk for everyone’s feedback

• Like 2