Recommended tour companies?

BrendaSJones525

This is our first trip ever to Alaska -- Vancouver, BC to Anchorage May 20th-27th.  Family of 4 (Mom, Dad, 2 adult kids) -- excursions are so expensive!!  I need advice from seasoned travelers -- which tour companies have you used for your excursions if you didn't book through the cruiseline?

What can y'all share with me for advice??

Many thanks,

Brenda

If you look down the board, each port you will stop in  (you don't mention any...hard to give recommendations) is discussed in huge volume. There are tour providers recommended for each port, with a variety of tours (you don't mention what interests you have) to chose from. I see you are already checking out a broker. That is a good start.

Are you going this May? A little late to start booking tours...many will be already full.

You should also go to your Roll Call, to meet other on your cruise, and see what they are doing. As you don't mention a ship or cruise line, here is the master list of Roll Calls:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/20-roll-calls/

Select your cruise line, then your ship, then your sailing date, and join in.

Lastly, tours aren't required in every port. You might be able to walk, take public transit or a taxi and see things for much less.

After getting off in Seward (which I knew), we planned to rent a car for the day and drive to Anchorage for our 10:30pm flight.  Just seemed more economical than transfer by cruiseline and we have freedom to do more sightseeing during the day then.  Am I on the right track?