Land Rover Trip was the Bomb!!

imsmilin

How hairy was that footbridge???? I'm not good with heights, but after a trip to the local hypnotist might be willing to try this! I'm also interested for more info on the caves - how small were they? Could an overweight middle aged woman negotiate them without a problem - my friend, of course!:D

Elaineb: The bridge is not nearly as frightening as the picture looks. It is very solid and not terribly long. As for the caves, my BF is 5'9, 290 pounds and he went thru all of them just fine. There are spots where you have to 'duck walk' but its only for about 5 'steps' and you are through.

cruzn buckeye: You spend about half an hour in the caves (I would estimate) but that is not all at once. You walk thru one or two, then outside for a bit, then back in a cave for 5 or 10 minutes, then outside again. The land rovers are as bumpy as your driver wants them to be. My BF drove like a maniac and hit every single pothole and water he could find.:rolleyes: The land rover in front of us drove slowly and went around every bump. The bus would be about as comfortable as a school bus but only covered by tarp.

starketcher: Depending on what time and group you are in, you may or may not have time to shop. The tour runs in a loop - those who are picked up from the ship by speed boat do the river tour first, then drive the land rovers to the base camp, then tour the caves and will be driven back to Belize on the bus. Our tour was at 11:00 so we did the opposite - tendered to Belize, bussed to the base camp, then drove the land rovers and were taken back to the ship by the speed boat down the river (so no time for shopping).

Also, remember to take bug spray! I am from a city dubbed the 'Mosquito Capital' and even I found the mosquitoes horrendous!

• 4 months later...

I wouldn't risk it... i have some friends that lost their baby after a trip to disney... and they were only 6 weeks pregnant... they didn't ride anything they said it was just the stress on the body...

congrats by the way

We Took the Land Rover 4x4 in March of this year - This was interesting - The seas were a little rough that day - Part of the tour includes a boat ride up a canal. On the way to the canal we hit a huge swell and a fellow passenger needed to be taken to the hospital. The crew on the boat that were running the tour did everything right - pulled into port right away and were very attentive to the passenger. I hurt my ankle and sholder and my wife her back as well as a result of the swell- but we were ok to continue. Noted that they should maybe have canceled that part of the trip but tried it anyway. After all that was cleared - the rest of the journey was awesome, but please note the 4x4 goes over some very rough terrain as well. We then trekked through the jungle and went through some caves. All in all - worth the $$.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...

lovejone72, please note that this thread is over 9 years old. And if the links don't work and you can't find similar excursions offered now via web or ship excursions, the excursion no longer exists and most likely the company is no longer in business.:(

lovejone72, please note that this thread is over 9 years old. And if the links don't work and you can't find similar excursions offered now via web or ship excursions, the excursion no longer exists and most likely the company is no longer in business.:(

Would maybe make sense Crewsweeper! :) thanks for crushing a girls dreams... LOL :D

Edited by lovejone72