Pier 66 and Beachcomber resorts in Fort Lauderdale going offline

FOPMan

22 hours ago, canadianbear said:

Thanks for the heads up.  Loved the pool area at Pier 66-stayed when Hyatt owned it.

Their pool area was simply magnificent!  Well designed, uncrowded even when the hotel was busy during High Season.  The Top of the Pier Lounge was my absolute favorite venue at the hotel.  It was a great place to get out onto the platform from the rotating lounge to watch sailaways.  I was there once on the 4th of July and watched fireworks from that area.  Even for the time, drinks were pricey, but were well prepared and the snacks served good.

As time went by, not sure why even with the hotel still being a Hyatt, the experience began to suffer, rooms needed refreshing, staff service a bit more indifferent.  On my last stay, I drove to Coral Gables and stayed at that Hyatt for a couple of days.  The quality difference between Hyatt Pier 66 and Hyatt Coral Gables was remarkable!  I mentioned this to one of the on duty Managers.  She said, "we have heard this before."  At the end of Pier 66's Hyatt career, something was amiss.

Yet, Pier 66 will remain in my memory as providing some wonderful and pleasant pre-cruise stays in Fort Lauderdale.

• Like 1