News -HA may be banned from accessing US ports

tonyinoc

As I've said on other threads (I think it was others, I've responded to about 6 different threads on this), self-reporting incidents is a good first step, but self-investigating, self-analyzing, and modifying implementation or improving procedures is what is needed to prevent repeat violations from occurring, and this is what Carnival doesn't seem to get.  Their ECP (environmental compliance plan) needs to be a "living document" that evolves with experience, and that works to ensure that future violations don't happen, even if they are "not intentional" as they've used as a defense.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Did you expect something else? There's lawyers involved plus a pending ruling by a judge

Image result for Legal talk jokes

No, but it still amazed me how you could use so many words and say absolutely nothing.

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 7:39 PM, bateau4 said:

Does anyone know what happens If a HAL cruise is cancelled based on the judge's ruling in June?  We have one booked for July and need to pay in full shortly.

Would HAL refund the cost of the cruise or expect people to use their travel insurance?  Would the insurance be valid if this was a known risk at the time of final payment?

When our TA called HAL just now the rep didn't know anything about this pending case, said we'd get a refund but wouldn't put it in writing. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I doubt if that would happen.  Worst case is that HAL would have to change their itinerary.  However, lets assume your scenario comes true.  For those of us who live in the USA we would expect the option of a full refund from the cruise line.  Failing that, we can simply file a "dispute" with our credit card company for the charges related to the cancelled cruise.  For those that use AMEX the money would generally be credited back to their accounts within a day.  For the other major credit cards is does vary but eventually the credit card companies would refund the money.

A few decades ago we had a booking with Regency Cruises when the company suddenly went bankrupt.  Their ships were literally seized in various ports and the company disappeared overnight.  We heard about this, while at work, while listening to the radio.  I immediately telephoned AMEX who already was aware of cruise line's demise.  Our money was credited back to our AMEX account while I was on the phone :).   Much of our credit card rights are codified in Federal Law and regulations.  Not sure what rules you have in Canada.

Hank