Allure and family dining issue?

We just voted off the Allure today...great trip! We did have an issue with one thing I was curious about...I had researched on here about family dining where the kids leave after about 40 minutes in the early traditional dining, getting picked up by Adventure Ocean staff. We switched to early traditional just for this.

When we got in board, early traditional was at 5:15, MTD didn't start until 6:30, and pick up for family dining was at 6:40? I wasn't sure how this helped either dining as we were done every night by 6:45. But it was confirmed this was correct by both AO staff and the dining staff. We ended up just not using it, but is this typical?

6 hours ago, moesyk4 said:

We just voted off the Allure today...great trip! We did have an issue with one thing I was curious about...I had researched on here about family dining where the kids leave after about 40 minutes in the early traditional dining, getting picked up by Adventure Ocean staff. We switched to early traditional just for this.

When we got in board, early traditional was at 5:15, MTD didn't start until 6:30, and pick up for family dining was at 6:40? I wasn't sure how this helped either dining as we were done every night by 6:45. But it was confirmed this was correct by both AO staff and the dining staff. We ended up just not using it, but is this typical?

The Adventure Ocean people are supposed to pick up the kids 45 minutes after he start of dinner.  Early dinner used to start at 6pm, but has slowly gotten earlier and earlier.  Sounds like the Adventure Ocean people are still working as if early dinner is 6pm.  I'm thinking that they don't really want to do this anymore so are making it fairly useless.

8 hours ago, constable145 said:

My family time dining worked perfectly on the Harmony. Early seating was 6pm. Adventure Ocean staff retrieved my little one at 640pm.  

5:15pm seems ridiculously early for 1st seating. 

Earliest that I've seen/experienced is 5:30pm on both Oasis and Quantum classes.  Also, MTD start at 6:30pm:classic_happy:, sounds odd.  Maybe the early seating was not available.

20 hours ago, constable145 said:

My family time dining worked perfectly on the Harmony. Early seating was 6pm. Adventure Ocean staff retrieved my little one at 640pm.  

5:15pm seems ridiculously early for 1st seating. 

5:15 was super early...it wouldn't have been our choice to go that early but we switched specifically for the family dining. Oh well, it worked out!

11 hours ago, nelblu said:

Earliest that I've seen/experienced is 5:30pm on both Oasis and Quantum classes.  Also, MTD start at 6:30pm:classic_happy:, sounds odd.  Maybe the early seating was not available.

MTD was 6:30 to 9...we finished eating usually around 6:40 and there was a huge line for MTD. Someone posted on another thread that they may be trying to fit 3 seatings in...5:15, 6:45, and 8:15.