Douro 2020: AMA, Uniworld or Tauck?

stlrod

31 minutes ago, philw1776 said:

I enjoyed our Uniworld Sintra excursion very much.  Once again, to me the Coa Archeological Park tour was a cruise highlight.  Regardless, it's a relaxing, beautiful and interestingly different cruise from the Rhine, Rhone & Danube cruise.  Loved Portugal.

Thanks Phil! I already told hubby about Coa tour. We can’t wait. And we’re prepared to sit on the deck every afternoon sipping cocktails and enjoying the gorgeous scenery. We’ll suck it up and do wine tastings before noon. 🤣🤣🤣 

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
On 4/29/2019 at 7:21 PM, stlrod said:

Got2Cruise, I started looking at Madrid as an option which was what convinced me to book cruise only on Uniworld Gabriel May 3, 2020.  I figure I can do 3 nights in Madrid and a couple of nights in Lisbon (or vice versus) for close to the same price as Uniworld’s rate for the Lisbon land portion.  Plus, if we can work it out so we don’t fly in or out of Porto, we will save a few $ on airfare and have shorter flights.   I will miss having the trip to Combria  on the transfer from Lisbon to Porto.

This was our thinking as well. We're still working out the details of what to do pre- and post-cruise, but have plenty of time to figure it out before November 2020. Really looking forward to seeing Uniworld's new Super Ship!