Connecting rooms

Only out of curiosity....

If I booked a interior room that indicated it connected to the room next door, where the heck is the connecting door.

When on the mariner I had a non-connecting room and there was really no wall space for a potential door (that I could see). Are you missing something (that is in non-connecting rooms) in the rooms with connecting doors?

I only ask, as I was thinking of booking a connecting room (only one cabin) with the thought that if someone booking later wants two rooms that connect, it might be another reason for RCI to upgrade me!

Not been in a connectin room so far, but have looked into some. The door is mostly in the place the not connecting cabins have the sofa. So a sofa is often replaced by a love seat or in an inside maybe even eliminated to get space for the door.

Re your plan for an upgrade. You have to have in mind that they also could just move you within your booked category without upgrading you and the move could be into a less desirable location.

I´ll be in a connecting cabin in September for the first time, but not because I looked for it but nothing else was left. If I had the chance I had choosen a not connecting one.

Hi ORANGEinINDY Off this topic, but I thought you might not have seen this post I left you elsewhere.

I thought you might be interested in this wine for taking on a cruise. It won the top award several months ago for NY.

It beat out 670 wines, made by 90 wineries and won the Governor's Cup silver chalice.

A $30 ice wine is New Yorks best.

2004 Fiori delle Stelle, a vidal-grape wine from the Casa Larga Vineyards in the Finger Lakes wine region, in Fairport, NY.

I do not think RCCL will have this one on board. ;)

Hi ORANGEinINDY Off this topic, but I thought you might not have seen this post I left you elsewhere.

I thought you might be interested in this wine for taking on a cruise. It won the top award several months ago for NY.

It beat out 670 wines, made by 90 wineries and won the Governor's Cup silver chalice.

A $30 ice wine is New Yorks best.

2004 Fiori delle Stelle, a vidal-grape wine from the Casa Larga Vineyards in the Finger Lakes wine region, in Fairport, NY.

I do not think RCCL will have this one on board. ;)

Thanx Alexis... I did see that on the other thread.. It sounds good. Thanks for the tip I'll try it next time I'm visiting relatives in NY

Fortunately, I don't have that discriminating of a taste in wines and I find that many of the low (<$10) in the finger lakes suit me well. We sometimes get a cheap wine ($2.99) from "Trader Joe's" that is from Charles 'somethinorother' Winery, and it's often called "3 Buck Chuck"

In connecting cabins the bathrooms are back to back and there is a passageway between the two bathrooms. You just have to step over those other people if they happen to be using the potty......:eek:
Um... Thanks Jerry. But, since your humor can be about as warped as my own (and someone else reponded with a different location for the door) Were your serious? I'd hate to pass that bottle of wine across two people sitting on the john:D [or do you share one of those as well?]

we had connecting rooms (on purpose - we took the kids) on AOS last August and the door was right after the tv. It's not so bad if you know the people in the next room but could be noisy if you don't.

-DEM920

Um... Thanks Jerry. But, since your humor can be about as warped as my own (and someone else reponded with a different location for the door) Were your serious? I'd hate to pass that bottle of wine across two people sitting on the john:D [or do you share one of those as well?]

Of course I wasn't serious. The connection is not between the two bathrooms. There's actually a crawl space in the ceiling......:rolleyes:

Of course I wasn't serious. The connection is not between the two bathrooms. There's actually a crawl space in the ceiling......:rolleyes:
Gotta admit... you had me for a while:D I honestly didn't see a spot in my last cabin that a door would work.

By the wat... did you know that gullible is NOT in the dictionary?

Gotta admit... you had me for a while:D I honestly didn't see a spot in my last cabin that a door would work.

By the wat... did you know that gullible is NOT in the dictionary?

I have Webster's New Students Dictionary from 1964 :o and it is in there.

easily deceived, cheated, or duped.

I can not part with this thing.

PS Think twice about the connecting rooms. They are more noisy according to many posts on here..

Just a thought, but I wouldn't book a connecting cabin in the hopes that RCI would end up upgrading me. Is it possible that they would move you in order for a family or group traveling together to have the connecting cabins? Yes. Is it likely? Absolutely not. It does happen, but very rarely. Not only that, in those rare instances, RCI is far more likely to move you to another cabin in the same category--and it could be in a location you really dislike. So, only book that connecting cabin (with the faint hope of an upgrade) if you will be happy with the possibility of being next to strangers who could be smokers (who are allowed to smoke in the cabins; this is not a flame, but the smoke could be an issue for some), loud, rude, or what have you. (Not that most RCI pax are this way, but we all know that some are.)

Keep these things in mind when booking. If you book a certain way all with the idea of maximizing your upgrade chances, you are likely to be sorely disappointed. That's no way to vacation. Book what you will be happy with and then if you are one of the lucky few to get an upgrade, it's just extra icing on the cake.

beachchick

Apparently so. Just don't mind the people staring out at you from behind the glass. If you smoke, light 'em up, they'll go away.
The upgrade fairy has blessed me...I'm going for that tan without lines...and the early morning stretching....smoke will be the least of their problems, though their eyes may still burn a bit

The upgrade fairy has blessed me...I'm going for that tan without lines...and the early morning stretching....smoke will be the least of their problems, though their eyes may still burn a bit

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (quick breath)HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Archived