Kids Club Spaces

manonabike

2 minutes ago, waughy said:

I will be travelling with  11, 17, 17 year olds - they have never been to a kids club on holiday, however I will register the 11 year old as i suspect friends she will make will be registered. Do I register the 17 year olds? or is the H2O area one that you can just come and go to. Or is it just up to 17? and if you are over then discounted.

Thanks

You still need to register them but there is less paperwork to complete, it takes very little time. 

1 hour ago, waughy said:

I will be travelling with  11, 17, 17 year olds - they have never been to a kids club on holiday, however I will register the 11 year old as i suspect friends she will make will be registered. Do I register the 17 year olds? or is the H2O area one that you can just come and go to. Or is it just up to 17? and if you are over then discounted.

Thanks

Technically the H2O is not part of the "Reef" children's clubs.  Yes it is best to register them first day.  The way teenagers, particularly the older teens use the club is different from using a children's club.  Basically teenagers meet others around the ship or whatever and perhaps decide tomorrow they might go to the theatre possibly a group of four individuals.  Then they agree to meet at the club at seven o'clock.  So they might be at the club 15 minutes before moving on!

Regards John

17 minutes ago, john watson said:

Technically the H2O is not part of the "Reef" children's clubs.  Yes it is best to register them first day.  The way teenagers, particularly the older teens use the club is different from using a children's club.  Basically teenagers meet others around the ship or whatever and perhaps decide tomorrow they might go to the theatre possibly a group of four individuals.  Then they agree to meet at the club at seven o'clock.  So they might be at the club 15 minutes before moving on!

Regards John

thanks

3 hours ago, waughy said:

Thanks

The 17 year olds can register themselves on the first day by going in to the club and signing up. I would suggest that they attend the first night / second morning as that's when the kids form groups and then tend to hang out around the ship and not at the club.

We have a 9 year old who although not the kind of boy who would like to be in the club all the time, was looking firward to bring able to drop in if he needed some company of his own age.  Its a shame that it's first come, first served as this means the availability of kids club is determined by the time we are given for boarding on the first day as I assume this is when we can hand the forms in? It might be fairer if they split the club into morning/afternoon/evening sessions and let all the children who what to go, have at least a chance of attending some sessions during the trip rather than the ones who got there first being able to use the facility whenever they like. 

10 minutes ago, MrandMrsCoz said:

We have a 9 year old who although not the kind of boy who would like to be in the club all the time, was looking firward to bring able to drop in if he needed some company of his own age.  Its a shame that it's first come, first served as this means the availability of kids club is determined by the time we are given for boarding on the first day as I assume this is when we can hand the forms in? It might be fairer if they split the club into morning/afternoon/evening sessions and let all the children who what to go, have at least a chance of attending some sessions during the trip rather than the ones who got there first being able to use the facility whenever they like. 

Every child can register for the clubs and make use of them when they like regardless of boarding times. 

If the club has reached its capacity for the session then no more children can go into the club until there is space.  The sessions are split into morning, afternoon and evening so just because one session has reached capacity it wont mean your son would not be able to use the club at all for the length of your cruise just that he would need to try again later that session or later that day. 

It is usually sea days and evenings that are the most popular and therefore the busiest. 

49 minutes ago, MrandMrsCoz said:

I really wouldn't worry about the clubs being oversubscribed. The under 5's and the 5 to 8's are usually the ones that are most popular. Registration takes place during the afternoon on the first day and no club starts until 6pm on the first night, so no one will miss out. I would suggest that you study the weekly programme of events and attend the ones that your nine year old might enjoy and avoid the ones don't suit.

3 hours ago, Tom Baker said:

I really wouldn't worry about the clubs being oversubscribed. The under 5's and the 5 to 8's are usually the ones that are most popular. Registration takes place during the afternoon on the first day and no club starts until 6pm on the first night, so no one will miss out. I would suggest that you study the weekly programme of events and attend the ones that your nine year old might enjoy and avoid the ones don't suit.

Thanks Tom, great advice 🙂