Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
manonabike

Kids Club Spaces

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, waughy said:

I will be travelling with  11, 17, 17 year olds - they have never been to a kids club on holiday, however I will register the 11 year old as i suspect friends she will make will be registered. Do I register the 17 year olds? or is the H2O area one that you can just come and go to. Or is it just up to 17? and if you are over then discounted.

 

Thanks

You still need to register them but there is less paperwork to complete, it takes very little time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ozzysdad said:

You still need to register them but there is less paperwork to complete, it takes very little time. 

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, waughy said:

I will be travelling with  11, 17, 17 year olds - they have never been to a kids club on holiday, however I will register the 11 year old as i suspect friends she will make will be registered. Do I register the 17 year olds? or is the H2O area one that you can just come and go to. Or is it just up to 17? and if you are over then discounted.

 

Thanks

 

Technically the H2O is not part of the "Reef" children's clubs.  Yes it is best to register them first day.  The way teenagers, particularly the older teens use the club is different from using a children's club.  Basically teenagers meet others around the ship or whatever and perhaps decide tomorrow they might go to the theatre possibly a group of four individuals.  Then they agree to meet at the club at seven o'clock.  So they might be at the club 15 minutes before moving on!

 

Regards John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, john watson said:

 

Technically the H2O is not part of the "Reef" children's clubs.  Yes it is best to register them first day.  The way teenagers, particularly the older teens use the club is different from using a children's club.  Basically teenagers meet others around the ship or whatever and perhaps decide tomorrow they might go to the theatre possibly a group of four individuals.  Then they agree to meet at the club at seven o'clock.  So they might be at the club 15 minutes before moving on!

 

Regards John

thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, waughy said:

I will be travelling with  11, 17, 17 year olds - they have never been to a kids club on holiday, however I will register the 11 year old as i suspect friends she will make will be registered. Do I register the 17 year olds? or is the H2O area one that you can just come and go to. Or is it just up to 17? and if you are over then discounted.

 

Thanks

The 17 year olds can register themselves on the first day by going in to the club and signing up. I would suggest that they attend the first night / second morning as that's when the kids form groups and then tend to hang out around the ship and not at the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a 9 year old who although not the kind of boy who would like to be in the club all the time, was looking firward to bring able to drop in if he needed some company of his own age.  Its a shame that it's first come, first served as this means the availability of kids club is determined by the time we are given for boarding on the first day as I assume this is when we can hand the forms in? It might be fairer if they split the club into morning/afternoon/evening sessions and let all the children who what to go, have at least a chance of attending some sessions during the trip rather than the ones who got there first being able to use the facility whenever they like. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MrandMrsCoz said:

We have a 9 year old who although not the kind of boy who would like to be in the club all the time, was looking firward to bring able to drop in if he needed some company of his own age.  Its a shame that it's first come, first served as this means the availability of kids club is determined by the time we are given for boarding on the first day as I assume this is when we can hand the forms in? It might be fairer if they split the club into morning/afternoon/evening sessions and let all the children who what to go, have at least a chance of attending some sessions during the trip rather than the ones who got there first being able to use the facility whenever they like. 

 

Every child can register for the clubs and make use of them when they like regardless of boarding times. 

 

If the club has reached its capacity for the session then no more children can go into the club until there is space.  The sessions are split into morning, afternoon and evening so just because one session has reached capacity it wont mean your son would not be able to use the club at all for the length of your cruise just that he would need to try again later that session or later that day. 

It is usually sea days and evenings that are the most popular and therefore the busiest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, MrandMrsCoz said:

We have a 9 year old who although not the kind of boy who would like to be in the club all the time, was looking firward to bring able to drop in if he needed some company of his own age.  Its a shame that it's first come, first served as this means the availability of kids club is determined by the time we are given for boarding on the first day as I assume this is when we can hand the forms in? It might be fairer if they split the club into morning/afternoon/evening sessions and let all the children who what to go, have at least a chance of attending some sessions during the trip rather than the ones who got there first being able to use the facility whenever they like. 

 

I really wouldn't worry about the clubs being oversubscribed. The under 5's and the 5 to 8's are usually the ones that are most popular. Registration takes place during the afternoon on the first day and no club starts until 6pm on the first night, so no one will miss out. I would suggest that you study the weekly programme of events and attend the ones that your nine year old might enjoy and avoid the ones don't suit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tom Baker said:

I really wouldn't worry about the clubs being oversubscribed. The under 5's and the 5 to 8's are usually the ones that are most popular. Registration takes place during the afternoon on the first day and no club starts until 6pm on the first night, so no one will miss out. I would suggest that you study the weekly programme of events and attend the ones that your nine year old might enjoy and avoid the ones don't suit.

Thanks Tom, great advice 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Q&A with InsureMyTrip
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...