Celebrity MoveUp Offer Tracker - Please Do Not Post Questions Here!

hvbaskey

8 minutes ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

Now I can’t see the status of the bidding (just a blank page) so I’m  going to assume we didn’t get the upgrade. ☹️.  We still have our original cabin listed on the app.  Oh well our obstructed balcony will be just fine.

Actually now it’s grayed out but still says “pending” on all 3 cabins.  I guess they are reviewing everything now and making final decisions.

On 7/19/2023 at 3:31 PM, karmamule said:

We're on the October 2 Canada/New England sailing on the Summit out of Boston in an Aqua class cabin. For the last few months the retreat was looking almost completely sold out. Then a couple weeks ago I noticed a whole bunch of retreat cabins of all categories were showing as available. 

I hadn't received an-email but went to the moveup site to enter your reservation number and name to see if you could bid on an upgrade and I could put in bids for Sky Suite, Aqua Sky Suite, Celebrity Suite, or Royal Suite. I went ahead and did that, putting in $1k pp for SS and Aqua SS (both max/strong bids), $1250pp on Celebrity, and $1500pp for Royal. Who knows, maybe we'd get a nice surprise a few days before we sailed.

I saw a charge for a little over $2k on my Amex from Celebrity today, and at first thought it must be a billing mistake. Much to my delight I went to our bid page and our Aqua Sky Suite bid had BEEN ACCEPTED, and our new room is showing on the Celebrity app already. Absolutely flabbergasted but delighted.

I just checked our cruise and they still show Aqua Sky Suites as available, but if I were to upgrade it at the current price it would be about $10k more rather than the $2k of our bid, so I'm feeling quite happy right now.

The Move Up algorithm is a mystery. I believe that if the bid is very high and there are cabins available, they confirm right away. If the bid is in the low to moderate range, then the waiting begins. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, sail2day said:

The Move Up algorithm is a mystery. I believe that if the bid is very high and there are cabins available, they confirm right away. If the bid is in the low to moderate range, then the waiting begins. 

I was at the top of the range so definitely supports your idea. 

The price difference between our original room and the room bid on was $10k, so having the top of the bid range be only $1kpp surprised me. But, yeah, like you said, it's a mystery! 😁

Edited by karmamule
  • Like 1

Revised Move Up Tracker

• Ship:  Millenium 
  • Length of Cruise: 7 days
  • Cruise Sail Date: August 4, 2023
  • Date email offer received: May 2023
  • Captain’s Club Tier: Elite
  • Booked through Celebrity Direct OR via TA: TA
  • Current Cabin: Outside 3035
  • Bid?  Yes/No: YES

If YES -  Bidding Details:

• Cabin Category: place winning category, if accepted (all category offers, can be mentioned in comments)
  • Bid Offer: Aqua stateroom $375 pp

Balcony $250 pp

Ultra Deluxe Veranda $300 pp

• Notification Date: Pending for Aqua
  • Like 1

Putting my recent bid into moveup standard format in case anyone is ingesting that to spreadsheet or something:

• Ship:  Summit
  • Length of Cruise: 11 nights 
  • Cruise Sail Date: 10/02/2023
  • Date email offer received: n/a 
  • Captain’s Club Tier: Classic
  • Booked through Celebrity Direct OR via TA:  Direct
  • Current Cabin: Aqua class 1100
  • Bid?  Yes/No: Yes

• Cabin Category: Sky Suite, Aqua Sky Suite, Celebrity Suite, Royal Suite
  • Bid Offer:$1000pp, $1000pp, $1250pp, $1500pp
  • Notification Date: 07/19/2023
  • Accepted / Rejected: Aqua Sky Suite accepted  

General Comments (offer details, etc.)

Cruise initially showed all Retreat sold out, but then noticed many Retreat cabins became available. Went directly to moveup site (no e-mail received) and entered 4 bids on July 5th. Bid for Aqua Sky Suite accepted 75 days out from cruise. Website list price for an Aqua Sky Suite for this cruise would have been $10k more than our original Aqua cabin. Bid for Sky Suite was max possible and for Aqua Sky Suite was slightly below max.

Edited by karmamule
  • Like 3

Revised (3rd increase) Move Up Tracker

• Ship:  Millenium 
  • Cruise Sail Date: August 4, 2023
  • Date email offer received: May 2023
  • Current Cabin: Outside 3035

• Cabin Category: place winning category, if accepted (all category offers, can be mentioned in comments)
  • Bid Offer: Aqua stateroom $380 pp

Balcony $250 pp

Ultra Deluxe Veranda $300 pp

Concierge Veranda $320 pp 

• Notification Date: Pending for all categories.
  • Like 1

How do you know your bid was unsuccessful. We bid to upgrade from Concierge balcony to either an aqua Sky Suite or Royal Suite for our Constellation cruise on Sept. 3rd. Says pending on both. Is it too early to know? Does pending really mean anything?

14 minutes ago, IRGolfer said:

How do you know your bid was unsuccessful. We bid to upgrade from Concierge balcony to either an aqua Sky Suite or Royal Suite for our Constellation cruise on Sept. 3rd. Says pending on both. Is it too early to know? Does pending really mean anything?

Probably means nothing.  Mine always say pending, and since I bid for Royal Suites, they always get rejected.

2 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

Probably means nothing.  Mine always say pending, and since I bid for Royal Suites, they always get rejected.

We rarely bid because we like to choose our cabins, but our last bid several cruises ago from prime verandah to Aqua was "Pending" until two days before the cruise and accepted. We didn't receive notice until the day before boarding after we'd already left home. We saw it appear on our cc before it appeared on the website or app and didn't receive an accepted email.

• Like 1

Just had the rejection email for Silhouette Jul24 out of Southampton. One of my bids was for Aqua ( min £80 reduced to £40 max £300, bid £150). Interestingly doing a dummy booking now after the email, there are still 3 unsold Aqua rooms!

• Like 1

Hello fellow cruisers!  Has anyone who booked their cabin through the Blue Chip Club been successful with a move up offer?   I’m currently in a Sky Suite and bid for two upgrades:  Royal and Edge Villa.  The bids are on the lower end at around $100 pp per day. 

On 7/7/2023 at 11:34 AM, killarneylady said:

Im interested to see how you get on too. My sailing not till Aug 26th and all my bids pending. Sailing shows only retreat available on booking site. Got cold feet and tried to get quote from Celebrity for upgrading officially but my TA told by Celeb agent that couldn’t be done after final payment . Fingers crossed and good luck to you . 

OMG I had decided to up my offers . I’d be going from an OV to balcony of some sort. I just now went in and had put offers on 5 classes. All are showing as expired but one ‘Concierge’ pending. I so wish I could go in now and up my offer to improve my chances. Sailing mostly sold out 26/8 Infinity but one or two Concierge were available. Fingers crossed and I hope they put me out of my misery soon, either way!  Bids started at €370 on all classes and pending one is €405 - eek. 

• Like 2

• Ship:  Beyond
  • Length of Cruise: 10 Nights 
  • Cruise Sail Date: Sept. 8, 2023
  • Date email offer received: June 26, 2023
  • Current Cabin: Sky Suite, #10145

• Bid Offer: Royal Suite  $1,750 pp; Penthouse Suite $2,100 pp; Edge Villa $ 2,690 pp. 
  • Notification Date: Pending for all categories.
  • Like 1

• Ship:  Eclipse 
  • Cruise Sail Date: July 30, 2023
  • Date email offer received: don't recall, we did our bids 7/17
  • Captain’s Club Tier: Elite+ (< 100 to Zenith)
  • Booked through: TA
  • Current Cabin: Aqua 1

• Royal Suite $2000 pp ($900 min), Celebrity Suite $1500 pp ($700 min), Aqua Sky Suite $1250 pp (forgot to note min), Sunset SS $1250 pp ($500 min), SS $1250 pp ($500 min)
    • Notification Date: all rejected 7/28

We have yet to be successful on any bids we've tried since the program started, but we've always enjoyed our cruises! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 3girlsmom said:

• Ship:  Eclipse 
  • Cruise Sail Date: July 30, 2023
  • Date email offer received: don't recall, we did our bids 7/17
  • Captain’s Club Tier: Elite+ (< 100 to Zenith)
  • Current Cabin: Aqua 1

• Royal Suite $2000 pp ($900 min), Celebrity Suite $1500 pp ($700 min), Aqua Sky Suite $1250 pp (forgot to note min), Sunset SS $1250 pp ($500 min), SS $1250 pp ($500 min)
    • Notification Date: all rejected 7/28

We have yet to be successful on any bids we've tried since the program started, but we've always enjoyed our cruises! 

I’m always amazed at some of the low minimum bid offers I’ve seen. I quote yours because I just checked out the MoveUp offers on my upcoming cruise. Note that I’m already booked in a Sunset Sky Suite and that my itinerary is only 6 vs your 7 days.

• Ship:  Equinox
  • Length of Cruise: 6 days
  • Cruise Sail Date: Oct 8, 2023
  • Date email offer received: I checked via the Celebrity website
  • Current Cabin: SS (corner aft Sky Suite)
  • Bid?  Yes/No: NO, Canceled Bid (too high!)

Bidding Offer Details:

AquaClass SS: From $450 pp

Celebrity Suite: From $700 pp

Royal Suite: From $1700 pp

Penthouse Suite: From $6000 pp

6 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

I’m always amazed at some of the low minimum bid offers I’ve seen. I quote yours because I just checked out the MoveUp offers on my upcoming cruise. Note that I’m already booked in a Sunset Sky Suite and that my itinerary is only 6 vs your 7 days.

• Ship:  Equinox
  • Length of Cruise: 6 days
  • Cruise Sail Date: Oct 8, 2023
  • Date email offer received: I checked via the Celebrity website
  • Current Cabin: SS (corner aft Sky Suite)
  • Bid?  Yes/No: NO, Canceled Bid (too high!)

Bidding Offer Details:

AquaClass SS: From $450 pp

Celebrity Suite: From $700 pp

Royal Suite: From $1700 pp

Penthouse Suite: From $6000 pp

$900 minimum to move from a corner Sky Suite (previous S1) to an Aqua Sky Suite for 6 nights??You could get a spa pass for a lot less if you really wanted to spend that much time in the Persian Gardens.

We’ve done move up bids from S2’s to larger suites several times but have never won. We chose to bid pretty high this time because our itinerary has a lot of lunches onboard and we like to eat in Luminae and because suites have been sold out for a long time so there would only be availability if someone cancels, plus the entire ship is sold out, the quietness of suite class sounded appealing. 
Maybe some day we will finally win a bid up. I’m always excited for people when I see they got the happy email. : )

• Ship:  Edge
  • Cruise Sail Date: August 26, 2023
  • Date email offer received: 1 June 2023
  • Captain’s Club Tier: First Cruise
  • Current Cabin: Aqua 

• Aqua Sky Suite £650 pp
  • Sky Suite £580 pp
    • Notification Date: Aqua Sky Suite. Bid Expired 20 July
    • Notification Date: Sky Suite. Bid Accepted 28 July 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, edinburghcity321 said:

• Aqua Sky Suite £650 pp
  • Sky Suite £580 pp

Congratulations that’s good value.

On 7/29/2023 at 7:38 PM, edinburghcity321 said:

• Aqua Sky Suite £650 pp
  • Sky Suite £580 pp

Hi! 

I am on the same cruise!

Original booking Aqua Class, but I have only bid on Aqua Class Suite for Eur 590,- pp because we don't wanna loose the spa access. 

I was therefore wondering what your "Bid Expired" for AQ Suite means.. ?

Hi,

when your bid has expired in the bid up process it means that bid has not been excepted!

I would have preferred to upgrade to the sky aqua suite also but most of then had been sold.

still feel sky suite worth the retreat facilities compared to my original aqua class suite.l, apart from losing the spa pass.

My bid was pending then was frozen that I could not modify for a few days then my bid was accepted.

good luck with your move up bid!

• Like 1