I WISH ROYAL CHANGED

37 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Travelplus- I   am NOT saying I don't like the decor, I love the decor, what I am trying to say is that every ship pretty much is the same coloring, same carpet, schooner bar same floor, same layout of places on the ship, sorrentos, the pub, cafe promenade everything is in the same exact spot.  I like them see them change things around that's all.  But its ok, if we want a change we just jump to another cruise line but always come back to RC.

We have dined at Chops numerous times during the past 6 years, and the past two years we stopped going there, the service sometimes was lacking, the food quality is not good (the MDR is better)...for instance, we get the seafood tower the shrimp was all soggy and soft, the steaks were worst than what you get in Longhorn and when we asked for wet towels/wipes from eating the seafood tower with our hands, we were given ONE wet napkin and were told to pass it around to one another we were a party of 9!  When my father in law asked for a chucker for the crab, the waiter told him to use his hands 😱  Another time dining there my steak was so bad I had to send it back, what I got was like a flat iron steak it was not the same type steak it was bad, just never will go there again not even if it were free.  Your right about one thing, better than a cafeteria.

Iamcruizin- Thats good to know, may need surgery soon on meniscus so I may consider giving it a try, if you were to choose one service which one would you choose?

I have only tried plated. The others were more expensive and we didn’t care for the menus. I don’t know where you live but Peapod is the home delivery service which is run through Stop and Shop. I know others supermarkets are starting to get on board with this idea as well but Peapod started in our area over 20yrs ago. I had meniscus surgery last July. I’m 100% better. Good luck.

Iamcruzin-  I live in Florida I will check into them all and decide which one to try.

So, you had the surgery....may I ask you because I have other vacations coming up, how long did it take you to recover?  Did you give conventional ways a try before having the surgery?  They have me injections yesterday which helped but before this I was totally unable to use my right leg went to ER they gave me prednisone pack and after a handful of days able to walk with a limp, pretty much try to walk keeping my leg straight, but now I have the. brace and trying P/T starting Friday.  

2 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Iamcruzin-  I live in Florida I will check into them all and decide which one to try.

So, you had the surgery....may I ask you because I have other vacations coming up, how long did it take you to recover?  Did you give conventional ways a try before having the surgery?  They have me injections yesterday which helped but before this I was totally unable to use my right leg went to ER they gave me prednisone pack and after a handful of days able to walk with a limp, pretty much try to walk keeping my leg straight, but now I have the. brace and trying P/T starting Friday.  

I did all of the above. It's the standard protocol before surgery becomes the only option. I was out of work for about a month. However, my job requires me to be on my feet for 9hrs a day. Others who I work with had the same surgery and were back in 2 weeks. They also had unsuccessful results because they went back to work too soon. I was walking with a cane for a week after the surgery. I was able to drive after a week which was a concern since it was my right knee and having to hit the breaks suddenly was painful before surgery. It took me 9 months to recover fully. Stairs were the main issue after surgery and I have steps at home and at work. If I had a cruise booked the second week after surgery I would have been able to go as long as I didn't over do it with stairs and I wouldn't recommend walking on sand or some slimy rocks at Dunn River falls. Excursions would have been limited to bus ride tours or just some shopping. They prescribed a pain killer after surgery that I never needed to take. The pain after surgery nothing near the pain before surgery. It was swollen and a bit uncomfortable but I only took Advil to for the inflammation. I also had to do a few week of physical therapy post op. Most of the exercises can be done at home so if you vacation during your PT time you can do it on your own until you get back.

Good luck.  I wish you a speedy recovery. Don't let the surgery stop you from hitting 100 cruises.

Edited by Iamcruzin

Thank you for letting me know how things go and went for you.  I will do the P/T then go on my cruise May 25, go back to the doctor June 5th at that time he know whether I need surgery or not, and if so, I can get that done asap before I leave to Aruba.  Assuming he do the surgery the third week of June that give me a good 3 1/2 weeks recovery and your right I will learn the P/T for that and do it on my own.  

I had an anterior cervical fusion c5-c7 and bone spurs out of my spinal cord last February and did make my cruise in mid March, but what I am trying to say, they also threw me all the bad pain pills, I took the first one but never any others, its like you said, the pain is worse before the surgery.  

I don't work so at least I am resting and when I get the surgery I can rest before I leave for my next trip.  You take an easy.

LOL I won't let it get to me getting to 100. Thank you so very much!

Edited by Cruisegirl6