Cruise ships returning to Lyttelton Harbour in 2020!

2 hours ago, Beejay4016 said:

Last night's episode of Coast New Zealand had a really interesting section on the history of Akaroa, and watching it was just lovely - brought back great memories.

I agree Beejay.  Was there in March and visited the penguin sanctuary as shown last night.  Just booked the tour on a whim when I went ashore.  Too late in the year for many penguins but still a few there moulting.  Lovely people. 

The first time in Akaroa  last year I did the cruise on the Fox II, the red sailed ketch featured.  Brilliant and the cruise people were so informative and friendly. 

Hope they don't drop Akaroa permanently.  I love the place.  Coast NZ is a brilliant show.

1 hour ago, Ondine said:

I agree Beejay.  Was there in March and visited the penguin sanctuary as shown last night.  Just booked the tour on a whim when I went ashore.  Too late in the year for many penguins but still a few there moulting.  Lovely people. 

The first time in Akaroa  last year I did the cruise on the Fox II, the red sailed ketch featured.  Brilliant and the cruise people were so informative and friendly. 

Hope they don't drop Akaroa permanently.  I love the place.  Coast NZ is a brilliant show.

Agree, Coast is wonderful.