Excursion Credit Perk

A friend and I booked a Haven Suite and had the pick 5 perks that included a $50 excursion port credit.   There was a second campaign  going on at the same time that offered another $50 credit.   Since she was listed first on the reservation, both $50 credits are under her name.   I asked our TA if one credit  could be moved to my name so we could each have a $50 port excursion credit.   I was told no, it only applied to the first passenger listed on the reservation.   Has anyone else had this double excursion credit?   I am thinking that the way this is listed, she would get a $100 port excursion credit and I would get $0.   Is that how it works out?  Thanks for your help!

I don't have any experience with being able to move it.  I'm assuming the issue you're running into is because you will want your stateroom card to go to your credit card and hers to her card.  

So two options, if you just book your excursions online now and pay for them (in full now) your friend will get OBC each day you have a ship tour booked, just have her give you half of the OBC for excursions in cash.  Another option is if you call up and book excursions through the shore ex desk I believe they don't charge you until you are onboard so you aren't out the money now.  Have all excursions bill to her card and then you just pay her in cash for your half of the excursions.  

Both $50 credits will go to the first person’s onboard account after you have taken the excursion.  

Your friend can go to guest services (not Shore excursions) and sign an authorization form to have the $50 credits moved to your onboard account.  

The concierge may be able to help with this form so your friend doesn’t have to stand in the long lines at guest services.

4 minutes ago, herdingdogmom said:

Both $50 credits will go to the first person’s onboard account after you have taken the excursion.  

Your friend can go to guest services (not Shore excursions) and sign an authorization form to have the $50 credits moved to your onboard account.  

The concierge may be able to help with this form so your friend doesn’t have to stand in the long lines at guest services.

That sounds like it may be the solution.   Have you done this and worked out ok?  Thanks very much!

7 minutes ago, Contessa30 said:

That sounds like it may be the solution.   Have you done this and worked out ok?  Thanks very much!

Yes, we did it this way on the Jade last year and in the Jewel this year.  We weren’t in a suite so didn’t have access to the concierge.  We just went to guest services when there was no line - like around dinner time.

We also download the cruise Norwegian app and check our onboard account regularly to see that all the credits and moves went through.

Should know this but don't.  Have shore excursion credit, if I book an excursion online in advance, will I be charged? and pay before  we cruise.  I know once onboard you re not "charged" until  after excursion.   Know I can call , but thought I would ask from personal experience.  thanks

2 hours ago, NW Pacific said:

Should know this but don't.  Have shore excursion credit, if I book an excursion online in advance, will I be charged? and pay before  we cruise.  I know once onboard you re not "charged" until  after excursion.   Know I can call , but thought I would ask from personal experience.  thanks

Yes, you will be charged in-full if you book on line and then receive a credit after the excursion is completed to your stateroom account. 

The T&Cs of the Shore Excursion Credit direct you to call the Shore Excursion group pre cruise to reserve without being charged. 

2 hours ago, NW Pacific said:

Yes, you are charged if you book online.  Since you have the Shore Ex perk, you can call the Shore Excursion desk at 866-625-1167 to book your excursions pre cruise without paying up front.  You will be charged onboard and the per port credit applied after you complete the excursion will offset the charges.

Edited by herdingdogmom