Laundry service & cabin question on Veendam

Cal El

We will be taking a 12 day Mediterranean trip on the Veendam in July.  Was wondering if anyone knows if there is a self-serve laundry on board or if you need to utilize a shipboard laundry service.  Do not want to over pack but want to make sure that clothes can be washed while on board.

Also, can anyone provide info regarding Stern facing cabin B223 on the Verandah Deck.  Does it have a nice sized balcony?

Thanks for any information

13 minutes ago, Moriah said:

The Veendam deck plan on the HAL site still shows the launderette on deck 5.

I think that deck plan is probably incorrect:

Edited by catl331

6 minutes ago, Cal El said:

I guess we can always use the ship's paid laundry service then?

Yes. I believe the current prices in Europe are $30 for stuff-a-bag or $9/day for unlimited.

• 1 month later...
On 5/3/2019 at 11:44 AM, Cal El said:

Thanks for the quick responses and info.  I guess we can always use the ship's paid laundry service then?

I just bought a laundry package.  I'm on the Med Cruise that leaves on 7/26 and I believe the package was $110 for the entire duration.  

1 hour ago, ARBrown said:

I'm on the Med Cruise that leaves on 7/26 and I believe the package was $110 for the entire duration.  

That would be right for the 12 night cruise.

Edited by catl331

You will love that cabin. We try to get 232 whenever we can since they have a great location. Only downside is that people tend to slam the door going to the side viewing area. But you’ll have access to great views...aft and side.

Edited by janmcn
  • Like 1

Yes, no self service laundry on the Veendam.  Unlimited laundry is well worth the price.  We always opt for this and fill a laundry bag each day.  It comes back the next day, folded or hung on hangers (your choice).  We usually take enough for 3/4 days and this really helps us with packing and planning.

• Thanks 1

We will also be on the 7/26 cruise.  Will definitely get unlimited laundry service too, seems well worth it.   Don't want to worry about over-packing for a long cruise and will most likely use more than 4 bags during the trip.

Thanks 'janmcm' for the insights about the corner cabin too.  Was really hoping that it was worth it and it's great to hear that it is from someone who has experienced it before.