Montreal is out for awhile

DocJohnB

2 hours ago, lij1972 said:

Were there taxis at the pier?

When we were there off the Maasdam this past summer, there were taxis at the pier. Since we were staying a few days in Montreal, we took one to our hotel.

On 5/31/2019 at 12:57 PM, lij1972 said:

Were there taxis at the pier?

Unfortunately, no. At least none that I saw. You would need to take the shuttle bus to terminal 1 and there will be plenty of taxis at that terminal. We live in Montreal so we had family come and pick us up directly at terminal 3. They said they had a hard time passing security to get into the terminal from the street but other than that, they picked us up right outside the terminal doors.

7 minutes ago, CDP Cruiser said:

Unfortunately, no. At least none that I saw. You would need to take the shuttle bus to terminal 1 and there will be plenty of taxis at that terminal. We live in Montreal so we had family come and pick us up directly at terminal 3. They said they had a hard time passing security to get into the terminal from the street but other than that, they picked us up right outside the terminal doors.

Thankfully when I disembarked yesterday, there were plenty of taxis. I guess they sorted the security issue up.  

Yes, lots of taxis.  The attendants in the terminal showed us directly to the taxi lines without us having to ask.  If you’re traveling solo or as a couple you can listen for them to call out “Two people?”  There seemed to be a lot more multiples waiting for the 4+ passenger vans than the two-person taxis.