Family hotel recommendations in Japan

Jmcdonald85

Hello my husband, myself and our 7 year old son are looking at booking a Royal Caribbean cruise which will depart Japan, Yokohama and cruise 10 nights to Singapore. We would love to fly into Tokyo a couple of days early to explore Tokyo and visit Disneyland. We would love some recommendations for family friendly hotels people suggest, We have never been to Japan before... Would people recommend staying close to Disney or Yokohama and train/taxi to Disney?

Thank you!!

I would stay in Yokohama area and visit Tokyo Disney because I don’t want to haul the luggage from Tokyo Disney area to Yokohama port.  Also, it depends on which airport you fly in and out of Tokyo.  We stayed in Shin-Yokohama Prince Hotel before and after cruise last month.  The airport shuttle bus from Haneda airport stop at this hotel, it’s very convenient for us.  Since it was Golden week while I was there for my post cruise stay, I saw many kids at the hotel.  We just slept and did laundry at the hotel and we’re out all day.

Or you can stay near Minatomirai area or China Town area, which is near the port also it is convenient to go to both airports via YCAT (Yokohama City Air Terminal). It is a bus terminal for both airports. Yokohama Bay Sheraton or Intercontinental Yokohama Grand are near the bus terminal.

• 4 weeks later...

We stayed at the Yokohama Sheraton Bay Hotel. It's across from the Yokohama train station. We took a bus from Haneda airport to the hotel and a taxi from the hotel to the cruise pier. 

If you arrive at Narita airport, different arrangements may be more convenient. Narita has a fast train connection to Tokyo.  Pick a hotel at one of the train stations along this line.

We stayed at the Rose Hotel in Chinatown the last time we were in Yokohama. It's an older hotel but the room was bigger than the regular hotels in Japan. A convenient Airport limousine bus ride from Narita that ends at Hotel New Grand, we just walked the couple of blocks to the hotel. In the morning we took a taxi to the pier which cost $7. Need to tell the staff that you need the bus that goes to Hotel New Grand and not YCAT.