Transiting the Strait of Gibraltar...daytime or night?

For anyone who has done a trans-Atlantic from Barcelona to the US, did you go through the Strait of Gibraltar during the day or at night? We are booked on Barcelona to Bayonne in September of 2020 and really hope we go through during daylight hours. I am asking this here because it isn’t really port-specific and I couldn’t find any other appropriate place to ask this questions. Thanks in advance!

Darn! Oh well, I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. We will  be coming from Valencia so hopefully the schedule will allow a daylight passage. You would think they would want to do the transit during the day but I guess the schedule wins out.

Edited by linkerbink
8 minutes ago, linkerbink said:

For anyone who has done a trans-Atlantic from Barcelona to the US, did you go through the Strait of Gibraltar during the day or at night? We are booked on Barcelona to Bayonne in September of 2020 and really hope we go through during daylight hours. I am asking this here because it isn’t really port-specific and I couldn’t find any other appropriate place to ask this questions. Thanks in advance!

We've done four transatlantics from Barcelona to the US.  One transit at night, three during the day.  All depends on the stops you have before Gibraltar.

Went thru daytime on Miami to Barcelona and was so foggy you could not see a thing.  Guess captain was using radar due to 0 visibility.  Very disappointed.