Just returned from Oasis May 5th Sailing

My wife also gets cold anywhere, and she had a light sweater going to dinner. On the balcony it was cool several afternoons and after dinner. We had raincoat that we used.

This was our first cruise and I was worried on dinner time clothing. To sum up a lot of Posts here: you're on vacation, I wore Dockers with collared shirt on formal nights. And black jeans or khakis with Hawaiian shirts and collared shirts. The only thing we didn't see was bathing suits. Don't sweat what to wear. You will see some very glamorous clothes though, but nobody cares.

This is a VERY Port heavy trip. We took the late dining and were glad because we got back to the ship some days after 6pm. This will cut into some show times so then you may miss a show if you get back late. But if you need to eat early they are amazing at seating for dinner.

This ship is huge. There is so much going on and to see you won't see it all. There were many children in strollers and I'm assuming there will be plenty for a young family to do. You are going to have a great time!

On 5/16/2019 at 12:08 PM, Frankmac said:

Two things please, and thanks for setting this up.

1. Did you have to pay for the RCL bus in Palma?

2. Did you by any chance get pics of drinks menus?

If my memory serves me correct, yes we did and I thought it was more like 20 euros pp. payable in cash only. I wasn't upset about paying but I wish they would have told us ahead of time because there were 8 of us and I only brought a couple hundred Euros off the ship. 

Sorry, no pics of any menu

On 5/16/2019 at 2:25 PM, mousefan73 said:

Maybe you can help with this one. I have posted on many forums but can't get an answer. for those who embarked in Rome, what time was the Muster drill?

bonus points if anyone can answer what time they started check-in.. my pass says 2:30 start.. I heard earlier

I didn't notice anyone joining the ship in Rome. In Barcelona, they started boarding around 11

11 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

Thank you for offering to answer questions...I have many.

What was the temperature on the ship...not precisely but would you need a pashmina or cardigan for evening wear ? We found the inside of the ship warm and the outside could get windy on deck

What does ' smart casual' mean on Oasis, in the Med? Never saw a lot of people dressed up

How does Anytime Dining work? Seems to contradict its name if you have to book. We have child in party who may need siesta so times will vary. They will seat you anytime without a reservation but you will likely have to wait. The bigger the group, the longer the wait. Hence the reservations

Are men allowed in dining room in tailored shorts? Not supposed to but I did see people in shorts

Anything we should try not to miss? Try and not miss the ship lol There is sooooo much to see and do on the ship and in every single one of these ports. My favourite was an excursion to Capri

Thank you for any replies or additional information you can offer.

On 5/16/2019 at 7:25 PM, mousefan73 said:

Maybe you can help with this one. I have posted on many forums but can't get an answer. for those who embarked in Rome, what time was the Muster drill?

bonus points if anyone can answer what time they started check-in.. my pass says 2:30 start.. I heard earlier

Dont think Rome embarkments start until June.

Thank you very much for this topic. My parents will be in oasis in less than a month and they are starting to pack. i have some questions if you don't mind.

-Besides the 70's and the white night is there any other theme night? We were aboard Allure of the seas last year in Caribbean and we had Tropical night.

-Is the MDR open at lunch during port days?

-Are there any craft/jewels workshop?

Thank you!

On 5/27/2019 at 9:24 AM, framboesa said:

Thank you very much for this topic. My parents will be in oasis in less than a month and they are starting to pack. i have some questions if you don't mind.

-Besides the 70's and the white night is there any other theme night? We were aboard Allure of the seas last year in Caribbean and we had Tropical night.

Thank you!

I'm not sure about the theme nights, we were out and about in all the ports, got back most nights just in time for dinner and then maybe a show before early bedtime ready to go again the next day. We were not on the ship during the day, but I doubt the MDR would be open on port days for lunch. As for the craft/jewel workshops - no idea. The cruise we were on is VERY port intensive...... not really a lot of time spent on the ship.

11 hours ago, above sea level cruiser said:

The cruise we were on is VERY port intensive...... not really a lot of time spent on the ship.

Thank you very much. My parents have been to the Med and Italy several times, in land vacations and cruising, this time they will enjoy the ship and do only a couple of excursions ;) 

On 5/27/2019 at 9:24 AM, framboesa said:

Thank you!

We were off the ship most of the trip. I looked back and it looks like the MDR is open for lunch on the Cruising day. We ate at Park Cafe, deck 8, several times instead of the Windjammer. A lot quieter. I looked through the Compass Planner and didn't see a jewelry workshop. There is a lot of art shows. here is the planner for Tuesday, hope it gives an idea of the day on ship.

Compass planer RCL.jpg

• Like 1