Sanctuary and Lotus (heated loungers) access?

Ashlotte

Can someone explain how the Sanctuary works? I don't see a way to reserve it ahead of time. Also, for the Lotus spa, can you just pay to access the steam room and heated loungers? On Disney Cruise Line there is a day pass or a cruise long pass. I just want to check it out for a day, but don't really care for any other spa services.  Thanks!

The Sanctuary cannot be reserved on-line.  You make reservations when you board. If you intend to reserve for the entire cruise you should go to the Sanctuary immediately upon boarding.  The heated lounges are part of the thermal suite in the Lotus Spa.  Passes can be purchased in the Spa. 

35 minutes ago, Ashlotte said:

Can someone explain how the Sanctuary works? I don't see a way to reserve it ahead of time. Also, for the Lotus spa, can you just pay to access the steam room and heated loungers? On Disney Cruise Line there is a day pass or a cruise long pass. I just want to check it out for a day, but don't really care for any other spa services.  Thanks!

Never done the spa, but I think they only have full cruise options available.

You can't book the Sanctuary online, because you have to choose your lounger. The Sanctuary is full day ($40/day), half day ($20) or whole cruise ($30/day). If it's a warm weather cruise. hustle to the Sanctuary as soon as you board.

Edited by JF - retired RRT

5 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Never done the spa, but I think they only have full cruise options available.

You can't book the Sanctuary online, because you have to choose your lounger. The Sanctuary is full day ($40/day), half day ($20) or whole cruise ($30/day). If it's a warm weather cruise. hustle to the Sanctuary as soon as you board.

Is the Sanctuary a good lookout point for scenic cruising in Alaska? Is it only for 18+? Thanks!

Just now, Ashlotte said:

Is the Sanctuary a good lookout point for scenic cruising in Alaska? Is it only for 18+? Thanks!

If you're going to Alaska, be aware that the Sanctuary on the scenic day is more expensive. IIRC and I could be wrong...it's $60 for the day. It includes hot chocolate, ear warmers and some other things.

We booked it on our one and only Alaska cruise and it was so cold on that day we cancelled.

Correct. Adults only.

22 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

If you're going to Alaska, be aware that the Sanctuary on the scenic day is more expensive. IIRC and I could be wrong...it's $60 for the day. It includes hot chocolate, ear warmers and some other things.

We booked it on our one and only Alaska cruise and it was so cold on that day we cancelled.

Correct. Adults only.

Shoot. That sounds lovely, but we will have our teenagers with us. Oh, well. Maybe in a few years. 🙂