Millennium Alaska land tour 8b July 20, 2019

linstadt

The land tour will have a tour guide and bus driver.  You will be asked to pack so that you can designate a suitcase with items you will not need on the land tour. This case will be put on the bus and will be delivered to your cabin. Land tour luggage will need to be put out around 6:00 AM. 

The tour guide will have a list of optional excursions you can purchase.  If you go to Denali and the Tundra Wilderness Tour is not included I recommend you upgrade. If part of your trip is via train the bus driver will drive to the next overnight stop.

Meals on the land portion are on your own.

The Alaska board also has information on land tours, or feel free to ask questions here.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

1025 Cruise - I haven't been able to find a roll call for this date. Good idea.

Chezmarylou - we did upgrade to include the  Tundra Wilderness tour and we are taking the train. Land tour is before cruise. 

I'm not sure what you mean about packing so what you don't need on the land tour will go to ship? Is this for the last night? The beginning of the tour? I'm a tad confused. I'm also wondering about some of the tours, how large of a group is on the land tour (probably more about Denali than the other stops). Do you know anything about the optional tours, so I can do some investigation prior?

Thank you both for the suggestions.

26 minutes ago, linstadt said:

we did upgrade to include the  Tundra Wilderness tour and we are taking the train. Land tour is before cruise. 

Hi linstadt - How did you upgrade to the Tundra Wilderness tour?  I'm on a similar trip in June.  I've called Celebrity twice and both times they told me that I can't upgrade ahead of time (have to wait until we're there).  I'd love to know how you managed it!

1 hour ago, dleone74 said:

Hi linstadt - How did you upgrade to the Tundra Wilderness tour?  I'm on a similar trip in June.  I've called Celebrity twice and both times they told me that I can't upgrade ahead of time (have to wait until we're there).  I'd love to know how you managed it!

Hi dleone74, when I booked this land tour 8B and cruise, I told my travel agent that I wanted to go by train, wanted this tour, etc. It was a choice when I originally booked, I guess it was an upgrade for the 8B. I've heard that on the 1st night of land tour, the tour leader goes over the optional tours available, we have morning and afternoons free on certain days. When you get back from your trip, could you let me know what the optional tours are? I usually like to research in advance. I'll give you my email if you want to let me know. 

I's sure you'll be able to upgrade!

linstadt

We are doing the 3B cruisetour next year (May 2020) on the Millennium. I would love to hear about your trip and any tips you learn. On the Alaska board I have seen advice to upgrade the Denali tour, and would also like to know if we can do that ahead of time. If you don't want to do a review on here, I would be happy to send you my email.

• 1 month later...

I'm interested in upgrade options as well. We're booked on the Millennium next June with the " 10nt Authentic Tastes of Alaska&Denali CT #9A " package.

Upgrade options on some of the experiences, modes of travel (rail preferred), or accommodations would be worth considering.

I'd definitely like to know what options are out there (for research purposes) prior to starting the tour!!

Tom