October carribean cruising

UKLloyd

Hey,

It has been a while since we last cruised but are looking to get something booked. Was firstly wondering when NCL release their October 2021 cruises? Also, What is the weather normally like? I am aware it is hurricane season, However from what I have read online, It is generally ok mid to late October. Just thought would be good to ask on here where people have lots of experience with it.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. 

Its hit or miss with the weather, we did western carib last October and got lucky.  There were hurricanes passing through the week before and the week after, may cause the ship to skip a port as it dodges the weather.  We weren’t able to dock in Belize, it was too windy and the capt couldn’t get the ship close enough.  The sea days were a bit rough, we had a forward cabin and had some movement and noise from the waves hitting under the bow, even up on deck 8.

I was on the Dawn last October departing Boston for the Caribbean and the 2nd night the weather was very rough (huge waves, glassware breaking, outside decks closed) but after that one night it calmed down.

October is my favorite time to sail. I sailed the western caribbean in 2016 and it was warm enough for t-shirt’s/tanks tops but we also had several rainy days. Last year I did an Eastern out of NYC and the weather was beautiful. However going back, the seas were rough and the outside decks were closed for the last day. 

21 hours ago, UKLloyd said:

Hey,

It has been a while since we last cruised but are looking to get something booked. Was firstly wondering when NCL release their October 2021 cruises? Also, What is the weather normally like? I am aware it is hurricane season, However from what I have read online, It is generally ok mid to late October. Just thought would be good to ask on here where people have lots of experience with it.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. 

You have heard correctly Yes, tech hurricane season goes until the end of Nov but rarely is there a bad one after the first week or so in Oct. We are schedule to cruise Oct 13th and are not really concerned. We have cruised many times in the fall. Sometimes a bit of rain, that has been it. Of course nothing is for sure when mother nature is in charge.