Front of the ship less desireable?

Just wondering why the front of the ship seemed to have more available cabins than mid or rear. We're booked for an OV cabin on the Upper deck of Fascination, second cabin from the front....will it be noisier or rockier there?

Thought it would be good to avoid elevator traffic!

One of my favorite cabins was two from the front, on the Legend. I just loved that location!!! I honestly barely felt movement, and seeing the waves crash on the bow of the ship was really cool. Being close to the elevators was a huge plus for us as well.

Contrary to that, I visited a very aft cabin on the Conquest, and seriously could not believe how much movement I felt. I almost could not walk in a straight line, it was laughable.

I wouldn't hesistate to book a forward cabin, enjoy it!

Suep366394@aol.com

woodstock-28.gif

NEXT UP~SENSATION 5/6/04!

MARINER~ 9/19! MIRACLE~FEB 13,2005!

Sensation.gif

Miracle.gif

http://community.webshots.com/user/upstatedon OUR CRUISE PICS!

We had a forward cabin last week on the Inspiration U-4 second in from the front, outside with 2 portholes. It was great no hallway noise. The downside if you want to call it that was you didn't need an alarm clock on port days the anchor being lowered woke us up. No big deal.

Judy

CCL Inspiration 4/4-4/11/04

NCL Sea 4/14-4/27/03

Wonder 5/16-5/19/02

Wonder 5/3-5/8/01

Fantasy 2/15-2/18/01

WE also had a front cabin with portholes on our cruise and it was our first so we didn't know any different. WE loved it Never heard a thing and the room was great we used the porthole ledge for our suitcase so we had tons of room left.

UNTIL WE SAIL AGAIN.......

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=808000&cdt=2005;5;8;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Once while on the Fantasy I had the cabin in the front of the ship, second cabin. As long as the weather was good it was great, as soon as we entered a storm the movement was unbelievable. My dh still laughs when he thinks about me wearing tennis shoes all night in case we had to abandon ship. He also accused me of trying to pull him off the bed during the night. The movement was so rough he was sliding off the bed. If you saw us together you would see the humor in that remark. icon_smile.gif

Becky

http://community.webshots.com/user/bjkeen100

Miracle Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;11;5;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

May Eastern Caribbean Carnival Cruise 2006

Miracle 2004

Pride 2003

Regent Rainbow

Sensation 2000

Fantasy 1996, 2001

icon_frown.gif

I am the opposite of many posters.....

On our first cruise, we had a 4a guarantee.. and got assigned M11 (on the Ecstacy). This was in the front of the ship... and I hated it!

It was so loud.. everytime the anchor was let out.. and the ship movement was unbearable.

I make sure from now on that I am in the middle of the ship!

(Since I am prone to motion sickness, I know better now.. but for some, it may not be a big deal)

Whatever you decide.. at least you are going!

Cathy

dolphin.gif

Ecstacy October 1992

Destiny October 1999

TRIUMPH May2003

TRIUMPH AGAIN! May 2004

Returning to the TRIUMPH on MAY 15TH!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;15;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

http://community.webshots.com/user/catrin0917

A general rule about cabin placement is that the closer to the bow the more the movement (if any).

I grew up on water so I'm unaffected by ship movement and I almost always get stuck midships on the Riviera deck (where supposedly the dreggs of Western Civilization cruise icon_biggrin.gif ) so I can't speak from personal experience.

I did visit a tablemates forward cabin one evening when the sea was fairly rough and I was astounded at the constant crashing of the bow waves off the hull. Very pronounced. I loved it but my tablemate (first cruise) was not all that crazy about it.

I would look forward to the experience of a forward cabin. But then, that's just me. icon_rolleyes.gif

Gary icon_cool.gif

Dolphins.gif

I've always kind of shyed away from the front of the ship. I suppose originally it was because I thought if we hit an iceberg that I would survive longer by being in the rear

...think Titanic, last shot before it disappears in the ocean, Leo and Kate..you get the picture...

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/26/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

Carnival Victory 12/19/04

Carnival Miracle 03/13/05

On the Magic last year - we had a nice mid-ship, mid-floor cabin picked out for 1.5 years as my hubby is very prone to motion sickness. Showed up and were told we had a "change in room assignment" - which was an upgrade ( 3 cats ) to a Cat 4 (Disney goes opposite.. 1 is the most-expensive suite, 12 is least expensive cabin). It was 8500 - all the way forward, last room before the bridge, highest floor with cabins. Everything I had read said this was the cabin we were NOT supposed to book if prone to sickness. Honestly, we did feel the movement sometimes and would stagger on the way to the cabin...without being tipsy! Luckily, my husband had some anti-motion stuff with him - and he was fine except for a couple brief periods which did not affect the trip overall. We LOVED the location. It was very quiet - we had some great views of the captain and crew docking the ship, and it was an upgrade! Lots more room than we had planned on, so that definitely put a smile on our face... And, overall, it was still better than the only other "ship" experiences we had, which was an overnight to Nova Scotia in really rough May seas and then a calmer journey back...which was still rockier than sleeping all the way forward in such a large and more modern cruise ship.

Actually, we booked a guarantee category this time and are taking our chances as we had spent so much time worrying over room choice last time - all for naught! icon_smile.gif

Disney Magic 11/2003

Anxiously Awaiting Carnival Conquest 8/2004

Just returned from the Imagination where we had 3 porthole cabins, E1, E3, and E4. These were the first and second cabins from the front on Empress deck. I did not notice any extra movement of the ship. The location was slightly more noisy because of the location of the bow thrusters that move the ship sideways to and from the dock. I would still book the same location again because it was very private at the end of the hallway. These cabins were a great value in that they were less expensive than the inside cabins and were much larger.

JV

On our first cruise, we had cabin M24 (porthole) on the Sensation. There was some movement, and we could sometimes hear the waves. That didn't bother us. The night we were docking in New Orleans took us by surprise. At about 4am the whole room started shaking and it was very noisy. Turns out we were in the general vacinity of the thrusters. Only heard them that once during the entire cruise. We still had a great time, and although the experience would have been better without that, we would probably still book that room.

chantal

Legend, here we come!

-Cruisin' the Legend 4/23/04!

-Sensational Sensation 4/15/01

Archived