backup plan for Juneau?

cottonballs99

We have a helicopter tour scheduled for our port day in Juneau.  I'm so so hopeful that this will work!  BUT - if it doesn't, shouldn't I have a backup plan?

If so, what would be the easiest to do "spur of the moment" without having to book things ahead?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, cottonballs99 said:

We have a helicopter tour scheduled for our port day in Juneau.  I'm so so hopeful that this will work!  BUT - if it doesn't, shouldn't I have a backup plan?

If so, what would be the easiest to do "spur of the moment" without having to book things ahead?

Thanks!

Hi, we had our Juneau helicopter tour cancelled on arrival (actually just after the bus picked us up) last week due to weather.  There are plenty of options that you can switch to, just selling from booths at the port.  Just make sure you have something in mind and I am sure you will be ok to find something.  We just swapped over to a zipline tour which was pretty good and had the original refund within a couple of days.

15 hours ago, sir-magoo said:

Hi, we had our Juneau helicopter tour cancelled on arrival (actually just after the bus picked us up) last week due to weather.  There are plenty of options that you can switch to, just selling from booths at the port.  Just make sure you have something in mind and I am sure you will be ok to find something.  We just swapped over to a zipline tour which was pretty good and had the original refund within a couple of days.

What I was thinking of doing in Juneau was the rafter in Mendenhall Glacier. Any idea if they have a booth offering that? Or should we just book through the cruise line? I have walked on a glacier in the Canadian Rockies, so being actually on the glacier doesn't quite have the appeal that it does for someone who has never done that.

7 hours ago, Robinsilver said:

What I was thinking of doing in Juneau was the rafter in Mendenhall Glacier. Any idea if they have a booth offering that? Or should we just book through the cruise line? I have walked on a glacier in the Canadian Rockies, so being actually on the glacier doesn't quite have the appeal that it does for someone who has never done that.

Hi, sorry I can't remember specifically rafting there, but they may have.  There were lots of options but I can't really remember all of the specifics.