Pancho's Backyard?

NextOne

My DH are sailing on the Majesty in late November and hope to return to Pancho's Backyard. Has anyone been there since Wilma? Is it ok?

Also, would we have time to do a snorkeling excursion and still have some "quality time" with Pancho's margaritas? Or should we just be content with eating and shopping? I'm a bit worried about how much time will be chewed up by using the tenders, but I've also read so much on these posts about snorkeling the reefs! Any advice would be appreciated.

We ate at Pancho's on 1/19 and had a great meal. Everything is fine there. As for the amount of time that really depends on where you end up tendering. We had a bad experience but others have not so it really just depends on where you end up tendering. I know that doesn't help much. Sorry.

We ate lunch at the downtown Panchos 1/26, good eats and drinks. We did not snorkel but many on our tender back talked about the good time they had and would recommend to others. You can tell how hard Cozumel has worked continuing to work to put thier town back together after such a devastating hurricane.

We had the most awesome massage while here, would highly recommend Sally to everyone. We wanted to take her home with us, Sally has magic fingers and feet, a very relaxing experience. check out her website barefootincozumel dot com.

Yes, there are two Pancho's. There is one in the downtown area and one on the Puerta Maya pier shopping area. This is the one that I always go to every time I'm in Cozumel. For those of you who have been to Cozumel since Wilma, are they tendering to the Puerta Maya area at all? I know that the pier has been completely destroyed, but is the shopping area still there and open? If not, I'll be going downtown to the other Pancho's when I'm there in May on the Miracle. It's something that can't be missed!

mb, I believe from everything that I have read and the pictures that have been posted on-line that all of the cruise line piers were destroyed. Thus the shops at International and Puerta Maya are no longer in operation. Poncho's Back Yard is in one of the last souvenir stores, Los Cincos del Sol in downtown San Miguel. If time allows, you could taxi to Paradise Beach club, take a snorkeling tour from there, enjoy the beach and refreshments, then taxi back into downtown to Poncho's for a great drink & food and shopping.

Bon Voyage

We ate at the downtown Panchos. The piers are destroyed to the point the ships cant dock there. They do use nice a/c tender boats. The pier area shops are opened for business including DI and Goodmans and Miro and a ton of others. The ship gave out taxi vouchers to take us to the Forum Shops which are across the street from the Cozumel/Playa Del Carmen tender pier. There are quite a few businesses opened and some that are working hard to reopen for instance Hard Rock Cafe is working hard to reopen.

The heavenly massage we got from Sally was at her cottage about 5 blocks from the downtown stores. We grabbed one of many taxis to be had for $6 to be taken there since we didn't want to chance trying to find it on our own. For more info you can check out her website at barefootincozumel.com

Archived