Ovation to Alaska 6/7-6/14 Sailing *Live Review*

13 hours ago, Annicruise2014 said:

Can you tell us where the smoking areas are please?  I only saw one in my research and am hoping my cabin is not above them!!  

Deck 5, starboard side about mid ship if O remember correctly.  Also there was a spot on deck 14 outside by the pool.

12 hours ago, timf2001 said:

I don't think they plugged the hole.  It sounds like the internet coverage was very spotty, and since iMessage requires the internet to send and receive messages, that when the coverage dropped it didn't work whether they had the VOOM service or not.  The RoyalIQ messaging service is entirely ship-based so even when the outside internet goes down, that service still works.

This could absolutely be the case.  We did have times where even the RoyalIQ would drop.  Not often but a few times. I did see some posts from others on the ship this week in our cruise group that had the same or similar issues.  

18 hours ago, timf2001 said:

I don't think they plugged the hole.  It sounds like the internet coverage was very spotty, and since iMessage requires the internet to send and receive messages, that when the coverage dropped it didn't work whether they had the VOOM service or not.  The RoyalIQ messaging service is entirely ship-based so even when the outside internet goes down, that service still works.

Thanks for the update.

On 6/6/2019 at 7:26 AM, CMcJones said:

We set sail tomorrow, and it was so helpful to have so many questions answered and get an insiders view that I will do my absolute best to do the same while we are cruising.

Please note - Our sailing is a chartered sailing, so we do not have access to certain things (ie: The Key, Upgrades etc).  Also, we are lowly on the RCL totem pole, so we will not have any perks.  My husband and I did not purchase any dining or drink packages, but others in our group of 6 did, so I can try to help.  We have 2 excursions booked - Juneau we will be fishing, Skagway - Green Jeep tour.  All 6 of us are on the 10th level - we are room 716, and the other two rooms are in the same hall.  All outside balcony doubles.

I've already been asked to get info/comment about embarkation tomorrow, and plan to do that.  If there is anything else you'd like to know, feel free to comment!  

Have you come across anyone selling the Chef’s Table Experience and if so what price are they offering it for onboard?  Thanks.

9 minutes ago, JeffT237 said:

Have you come across anyone selling the Chef’s Table Experience and if so what price are they offering it for onboard?  Thanks.

I did not see anything about it on our cruise, sorry. When I get home I can check through the compass docs to see if there was anything in there.