Carnival Master card question

mafiadon

I got the card in February and was wondering do your points expire after a certain length of time, or can I continue to accumulate that for an indefinite length of time, say two years.

According to the disclosure/terms & condition statement that came with your card: 

Will my Carnival Mastercard FunPoints expire after a certain time period if they go unused?
FunPoints will expire and be forfeited 5 years from the date of issuance.

6 hours ago, Erik101 said:

According to the disclosure/terms & condition statement that came with your card: 

Will my Carnival Mastercard FunPoints expire after a certain time period if they go unused?
FunPoints will expire and be forfeited 5 years from the date of issuance.

This is no longer true.  This has not been the case for years, now.  Your FunPoints DO NOT expire!

From the Barclays website FunPoints FAQ (today, 6-7-19):

Do my points expire?

As long as your card is open, active, and in good standing, your FunPoints do not expire.

Edited by ShakyBeef
Oxford comma :)
  • Like 2

By all means, accrue those FunPoints as long as you need/want to!  I highly recommend accruing them until you have at least 100,000 FunPoints and a Carnival purchase of at least $1500 for which to cash them in - that is the best redemption rate, the best "bang for your (FunPoint) buck".

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mafiadon said:

I got the card in February and was wondering do your points expire after a certain length of time, or can I continue to accumulate that for an indefinite length of time, say two years.

I'm quoting your post so that in case you didn't get my correction to the misinformation you were given, you will be more likely to see it (by getting an alert that you were quoted:classic_smile:).  So I'm repeating, because I'd hate for you to feel you have to cash them in before they expire:

As long as your card is open, active, and in good standing, your FunPoints do not expire.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ShakyBeef said:

This is no longer true.  This has not been the case for years, now.  Your FunPoints DO NOT expire!

From the Barclays website FunPoints FAQ (today, 6-7-19):

Do my points expire?

If that’s the case, Carnival needs to update their website because that’s where I found that question.  But since I don’t have a MasterCard, it’s not my issue. 

Thanks for your reply! 

31 minutes ago, Erik101 said:

If that’s the case, Carnival needs to update their website because that’s where I found that question.  But since I don’t have a MasterCard, it’s not my issue. 

Thanks for your reply! 

It is indeed the case, and as I said, it is on the Barclays website (not Carnival - the card is not issued by Carnival, but by Barclays Bank).  I copied and pasted it from the website today and it has been there for years.  The expiration date on FunPoints was done away with years ago. 

I do have the card.  I have had it since 2005.  And I know of what I speak.  You, however, with your grossly inaccurate and seemingly condescending reply to the OP:

"According to the disclosure/terms & condition statement that came with your card:" , 

appear to have no clue of what you speak.  It would be a great service to all on these boards if those ignorant of the facts would refrain from answering questions with misinformation presented as fact.

Edited by ShakyBeef
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Erik101 said:

Thanks for your reply! 

Furthermore, I'd love to know when and where you "found that question" on Carnival's website.  Because, as a bit of due diligence and out of curiosity, I just went to Carnival's website, typed in "Carnival FunPoints Mastercard" in the search box, which brought me to: https://www.carnival.com/carnival-mastercard

And on that page, after clicking on "Terms  And Conditions" I found this:

Important Information about FunPoints
• As long as the Program continues and the Account is open, active and in Good Standing, there is no limit to the total FunPoints you can earn and your FunPoints will not expire.

Quite frankly, I wonder if you are now just flat-out lying because you got called out on your misinformation.  Would you be so kind as to point me to where this misinformation is on Carnival's website?

Edited by ShakyBeef
quotation marks for search keywords

I've had the card for about 2 years now, and I just paid for my Cuba cruise (well, now Grand Cayman and Cozumel) cruise with it.  Remember, you charge whatever cruise you want with the card, and then you pay that charge with the points.  Rack up at least 100K points and then you can pay off at least $1500 in Carnival charges!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mafiadon said:

Thank you I guess I just didn't read it all or don't remember that part.

Hi mafiadon! 

My apologies if I sounded condescending towards your reply.  It was definitely not my intention.  I find the disclosure section so valuable that you may be missing out on what the card can do for you.  I’m an Amex user so I guess it’s habit but definitely no excuse for my behavior.  So again, I’m sorry! 

I find it odd that the section of my reply is on Carnival’s page and the information is wrong according to Barclays.  You live and learn! 

Again, please accept my apologies! Have fun on your next cruise and if we ever run into each other on the ships, drinks on me at the Alchemy bar!  😄

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mdsgu said:

I've had the card for about 2 years now, and I just paid for my Cuba cruise (well, now Grand Cayman and Cozumel) cruise with it.  Remember, you charge whatever cruise you want with the card, and then you pay that charge with the points.  Rack up at least 100K points and then you can pay off at least $1500 in Carnival charges!

That stinks. I think one of the options they offered is to cancel and book a different cruise. I think that's what I'd be doing if I were in your boat. You can do Grand Cayman and Cozumel from New Orleans probably cheaper and on a bit better ship.

6 hours ago, Erik101 said:

Hi mafiadon! 

My apologies if I sounded condescending towards your reply.  It was definitely not my intention.  I find the disclosure section so valuable that you may be missing out on what the card can do for you.  I’m an Amex user so I guess it’s habit but definitely no excuse for my behavior.  So again, I’m sorry! 

I find it odd that the section of my reply is on Carnival’s page and the information is wrong according to Barclays.  You live and learn! 

Again, please accept my apologies! Have fun on your next cruise and if we ever run into each other on the ships, drinks on me at the Alchemy bar!  😄

Don't give it an other thought I was not offended. I guess I should have done some research but this is my first CC card as I just never wanted one before and all that little fine print I just didn't read. I appreciate your taking the time to answer me. Linda