Midday arrival at port

We'll be at St. Thomas in July and we don't arrive until 11:30am  (leave at 7pm). We had planned to go to a beach there and just relax but now I'm starting to wonder how full a beach would be by the time we get there. There is only 1 other ship there (a Princess that arrives at 10am and leaves at 10pm) but I don't know what to expect for midday beach crowding. Or if there were beaches that were better for this timing.

Thank you!

nothing to worry about, it will be dark or dusk by the time you leave STT. There are plenty of beaches in STT,  Magens Bay is usually the most crowded and worst snorkeling, all sand bottom.

1 minute ago, coevan said:

nothing to worry about, it will be dark or dusk by the time you leave STT. There are plenty of beaches in STT,  Magens Bay is usually the most crowded and worst snorkeling, all sand bottom.

Thanks! There are so many beaches that it's hard to choose! We've got snorkeling planned other days so we'd mostly be there to swim and play for a few hours. Magen's is appealing for the calm sake with the kids in mind. But, there are so many to choose from--I'll have to get back and try them all!

We did this same time in St Thomas in April.  We shopped downtown for a couple hours then headed to Megans Bay for a few hours.  Left there around 5 to head back to port area to shop there.  Was plenty of time at each stop.