Can I bring my own coffeemaker?????

soniamarie

I admit it...I am a coffee snob. It doesn't have to be particularly great, I just like it when I make it best(with my own mug of course). I hated the coffee on our last cruise. Instead of torturing myself, can I just bring a small coffeemaker with?????

TIA we leave in 2 weeks for the Spririt!

I admit it...I am a coffee snob. It doesn't have to be particularly great, I just like it when I make it best(with my own mug of course). I hated the coffee on our last cruise. Instead of torturing myself, can I just bring a small coffeemaker with?????

If you can plug it in.. have the room in your luggage why not..

If you don't mind lugging it around - I say go for it. I was on the Fascination and the room service coffee was the absolute worst. It had a really funny smell to it - I don't know if it was a cleaner they were using for the carafes or what, but it was undrinkable.

Diane

You have company as a "coffee snob". On the last cruise taken by my family, my sister couldn't wait to get off of the ship to get a "Timmy's". I'm not wild about the ship's coffee, either, (my only complaint, by the way!) so we intend to bring along a one cup coffee maker on our Carnival Legend cruise in March. ;)

They did have a place on each of my last cruises where you could buy specialty coffees. I would rather do that than bring the coffee maker. For me, the difference is in the water. I always use filtered water at home.

Trust me...Im thinking of doing the same thing!!!!!

I like my coffee STRONG like motor oil!!! :eek: Not light brown water~ :(

Geesh. You're on vacation. Leave the coffee maker home. Go to the coffee/pastry bar if you must (an extra dollar or 2) for gourmet coffee.

But you really should bring your Showtime Rotisserie -- because the chicken they serve may not be juicy as you can make on your own.

CTMak

Geesh.

But you really should bring your Showtime Rotisserie -- because the chicken they serve may not be juicy as you can make on your own.

CTMak

Oh come not CTMak, a Showtime Rotisserie? Isnt that a bit much? I mean really! :rolleyes: Everyone knows that a George Forman grill takes up less space in the suitcase!

Allright, you guys can be funny. Coffee gets me goin' in the morning. Food is another story....I am not picky about the taste of the food on cruises, not even an issue for me. Call me a creature of habit...but my morning cup is heaven for me. Like I said before, it doesn't have to taste great, I just like it better when I make it. Isn't it nice to have the best of both worlds if I can? No big deal, making my own coffee will not get me out of "vacation mode" I can promise you that. Thanks for your responses, I am glad that I am not alone. If any of you are on the Spirit in 2 weeks....come over for a mornin' cup of joe!

Allright, you guys can be funny. Coffee gets me goin' in the morning. Food is another story....I am not picky about the taste of the food on cruises, not even an issue for me. Call me a creature of habit...but my morning cup is heaven for me. Like I said before, it doesn't have to taste great, I just like it better when I make it. Isn't it nice to have the best of both worlds if I can? No big deal, making my own coffee will not get me out of "vacation mode" I can promise you that. Thanks for your responses, I am glad that I am not alone. If any of you are on the Spirit in 2 weeks....come over for a mornin' cup of joe!

Im right there with you Soniamarie!!!

Laugh all you want to folks :D but you will THANK ME for NOT leaving my cabin at the crack ass of dawn, with jammies on, hair like a rats nest, morning breath and crabby to walk to the coffee hut and get a real cuppa coffee :eek: ...

Trust me, small coffee pot in suit case will do the trick for me ;)

You have a good sense of humor. Some people would have a laid an egg at some of our responses.

Enjoy your cruise!

Since I found the hairdryers to be adequate for me, I am filling that empty place in my luggage with my coffee maker. I have a lovely little four-cup one that I plan to use with my bottled water. I can't wait to sit on my aft balcony in the morning with my favorite cup of coffee.

Since the fish and chips on board were so good, I am also leaving my deep fryer at home.:D

Since I found the hairdryers to be adequate for me, I am filling that empty place in my luggage with my coffee maker. I have a lovely little four-cup one that I plan to use with my bottled water. I can't wait to sit on my aft balcony in the morning with my favorite cup of coffee.

Since the fish and chips on board were so good, I am also leaving my deep fryer at home.:D

Shell, when I first (mis)read your post, I thought you said forty cup. :D

I don't see why not, but like Lovethe said, although tongue in cheek, a power strip is on our must-pack list...

I am surprised that nobody mentioned the BBQ grill yet for grilling on the balcony :)

FamilyMiracle thanks for reminding me. I'll be packing my hibachi on the Triumph, stop by for a fresh grilled venison burger! :D

Im right there with you Soniamarie!!!

Laugh all you want to folks :D but you will THANK ME for NOT leaving my cabin at the crack ass of dawn, with jammies on, hair like a rats nest, morning breath and crabby to walk to the coffee hut and get a real cuppa coffee :eek: ...

Trust me, small coffee pot in suit case will do the trick for me ;)

Are you my long lost twin?

Archived