Can I bring my own coffeemaker?????

soniamarie

For all you husbands out there:

I will tell you about the best cup of coffee.... It is the one delivered to the cabin by the best husband in the world!... He is a early riser, gets up and goes to the Lido deck He gets me a cup of coffee and delivers it to our room, himself. We then enjoy that first cup together...out on our balcony! There is nothing better in the world!

Sue

I will tell you about the best cup of coffee.... It is the one delivered to the cabin by the best husband in the world!... He is a early riser, gets up and goes to the Lido deck He gets me a cup of coffee and delivers it to our room, himself. We then enjoy that first cup together...out on our balcony! There is nothing better in the world!

Sue

We're supposed to do this? Damn, just another thing to add to my list:p

Sue

phhttt that is what room service is for. :rolleyes:

If any of you are on the Spirit in 2 weeks....come over for a mornin' cup of joe!

Wish you were on the Liberty with me... I would sure be joining you. At home my DH brings me a cup of coffee when he wakes me up for work. He tried to do that on the ship but it was a wasted trip. I drink my coffee straight up and it has to be fresh and strong.

So if there is anyone who is on the Liberty 2/12, if you bring the pot, I'll bring the coffee.

Sue

That's my job, too :) I'm the one who gets up early to bring my husband the coffee which we enjoy together on the balcony. I have to admit though, the Lido coffee is really, really bad. And what was with the PLASTIC mugs you have to drink it in (on the Glory)?! I finally ended up buying the gourmet coffee--it was worth the extra couple of dollars per day.

I too need a good cup of coffee. Doesn't have to be a particular brand, just decent -- no Maxwell House for me. So is the room service coffee on the Pride really bad? How about at the coffee stations around the ship? I've always thought Royal Caribbean served a decent (not great) cup of coffee. Any comparisions?

I went on the Spirit last year (Pride's sister ship). Coffee EVERYWHERE was not good. My husband even woke up early and went to the specialty coffee place on the ship for us and I didn't care for that either(he had to stand in long lines...I guess we weren't the only ones wanting better stuff). This year I am just not taking any chances....I am packing it all....coffeemaker, mugs, and coffeemate and you know what? I'll be ready for anything!

We use what we call a "reverse press" for coffee when we travel. The one we have is from Teavana and they call it the Perfect Tea Maker. It is plastic, so less breakage issues than a coffee carafe or a French press. You put the coffee in the pot, add the hot water, and let it steep for as long as you like. Then you place it OVER your coffee mug and the coffee pours into the cup, while the grounds stay in the pot. Very easy cleanup too!

teavana_1882_15314708

We use what we call a "reverse press" for coffee when we travel. The one we have is from Teavana and they call it the Perfect Tea Maker. It is plastic, so less breakage issues than a coffee carafe or a French press. You put the coffee in the pot, add the hot water, and let it steep for as long as you like. Then you place it OVER your coffee mug and the coffee pours into the cup, while the grounds stay in the pot. Very easy cleanup too!

teavana_1882_15314708

Ohhhh, I may have to invest in one~ But it says its for tea....can you use it for coffee for sure???

Ohhhh, I may have to invest in one~ But it says its for tea....can you use it for coffee for sure???

We use ours for coffee all the time! I promise it works fine - I was worried at first too, that the grounds would pass thru into the cup, but the mesh screen at the bottom is extremely fine and no grounds get thru!

We use ours for coffee all the time! I promise it works fine - I was worried at first too, that the grounds would pass thru into the cup, but the mesh screen at the bottom is extremely fine and no grounds get thru!

Looking good.......but sometimes on the road, wouldn't you have trouble getting water that is hot enough ?

Archived