Can I bring my own coffeemaker?????

soniamarie

For all you husbands out there:

I will tell you about the best cup of coffee.... It is the one delivered to the cabin by the best husband in the world!... He is a early riser, gets up and goes to the Lido deck He gets me a cup of coffee and delivers it to our room, himself. We then enjoy that first cup together...out on our balcony! There is nothing better in the world!

Sue

Sue..I'm with you!

My husband spoils me on the weekends by waking me with my coffee in bed. Hmmm maybe since our cruise will be for his birthday, I'll return the favor.:)

If anyone is on the Liberty Jan 6th 2007..just ignore the jammie clad woman slinking in the shadows towards the coffee bar;)

I thought it was strangs that someone would bring a coffeemaker on a cruise, until I brought my blender.

Ohhhh, okay, so now the truth comes out!!!!! Makin fun of US when someone was smuggling in blender cocktails!!! :rolleyes: I've got your number now!!! ;)

I took my small coffee pot on our cruise in December. Big mistake! After boarding ship and standing in a long line getting a room key and another long line to change our dining hour, I get back to cabin only for security to call me and go off the ship to the big holding area and open up our luggage with homeland security, ship security and port security all standing there since they detected something. They took the coffeepot saying anything electrical is not allowed as it can cause fires. Ships electrical is totally different.

I am surprised they didn't confiscate our electrical clock in our other bag but the electrical is different since it kept losing time.

In my sister's cabin, the steward kept unplugging her battery charger and clock so even though all the talk of power strips and electrical items are a good idea, the reality is the risks involved.

So, I had to have room service deliver the coffee instead. I really missed having my first thing in the morning coffee. I had envisioned making it as soon as I got up and sitting on the balcony to wake up but that didn't happen.

Good luck to those who try getting one on.

people, people, your on vacation. Leave the appliances at home (well maybe a small battery powered devise would be ok....). I'm a coffee snob too, but put it aside for a week. If you go to the coffee and dessert bar, you get a decent latte or espresso. Plus, after dinner have a nice cappichino in the dining room (they are quite good). The amps limits in the staterooms are really low, and the last thing you need to do is pop a circuit.

might as well leave the deodarant at home, the curling irons at home, and your hairpieces at home too! What a fine looking bunch we would be then?

Whats the prob. with the coffeemaker, guys......geez!

Don't worry! Nobody is picking on you. Just havin a little fun!:)

might as well leave the deodarant at home, the curling irons at home, and your hairpieces at home too! What a fine looking bunch we would be then?

Whats the prob. with the coffeemaker, guys......geez!

Personally, I would have loved my coffeemaker for that right away great tasting coffee. Otherwise, I have to get dressed and go find coffee or wait for room service or determine when I am going to get up for room service to come.

The only problem is when they detect something electrical in your luggage like irons and coffeemakers, hair dryers that they have a problem since their current on the ship is different and these items do pull alot of wattage. Our cruise was out of Tampa and no it doesn't say it is on the "do not pack" list. Might be different out of other ports. Just be prepared to have it confiscated from you. If they do, they will give you a tag to get it back after the ship comes back but that was a major hassle to find someone who even knew about that process when we returned.

We took our foreman grill and a cooler with frozen meat (had to add ice twice daily to keep meat frozen) on the conquest in december-with power strip no problem

Please tell me that you are not serious.

As to the OP while not specifically excluded I owuld bet that coffee makes would be prohibited, just as irons, candles and heating pads.

and asked if we could bring a coffeemaker on board. He said that he did not see that item on their "do not pack" list so he said "should be ok". Well, I guess I will let you all know in a few weeks if I was able to bring it on.

Hey girl,

Guess what I bought today (in your honor ;) )....

A Cuisinart 4 cup coffee pot with a stainless steel pot!!!! :D

Are YOU as excited as I AM????????

I will let you know if Homeland Security hunts me down come 3/26 but dammit, I will try to smuggle it on!!!

Its in the best interest in ALL my fellow passengers to avoid seeing my sorry ass draggin to the coffee bar early in the AM~ Folks would have been be scary!!! :eek:

Looking good.......but sometimes on the road, wouldn't you have trouble getting water that is hot enough ?

Not at all. I've even pulled into a gas station and gotten hot water from their dispensers before (they usually have hot water with their own coffee for people who like tea). Plus room service at any nice hotel. And I always bring my travel mug (can't handle plastic and styrofoam)! :)

Not at all. I've even pulled into a gas station and gotten hot water from their dispensers before (they usually have hot water with their own coffee for people who like tea). Plus room service at any nice hotel. And I always bring my travel mug (can't handle plastic and styrofoam)!

You see gang!!!

We ALL have our weirdo quirks to tend to.......

For some of us, its our desired mug, for others its our desired coffee and others its our favorite pillow (which trust me, if I could tote my pillows on board I WOULD!!! I never leave home without my OWN pillows :rolleyes: ) and still others their favorite George Forman grill, blender or fishing pole.......

Face it folks, we are a group of picky, anal, yet lovable cruisers ;)

Coffee anyone??? :p

Archived