Mendenhall Glacier Ships Tour - How long do you get at the Glacier?

LiveToCruise99

We are booked on the Mendenhall Glacier and Rainforest Gardens tour through Celebrity Eclipse.  We've been looking at the tourist map for Mendenhall and see that there is a hike to Nugget Falls that takes about an hour.  Has anyone who has taken the ship's tour, remember the time allotted at Mendenhall and if there would be enough time to do the hike?  Thank you.

We took a similar tour a few years ago and I believe it lasted around 3 1/2 hours total. As I recall we had about an hour, maybe a bit longer at Mendenhall. We hiked some of the shorter trails, but didn't undertake Nugget Falls trail on that trip because we were worried about time. But you could maybe make it work if you get there and launch right into the trail without going to the Visitor's Center. We have done the Nugget Falls trail on subsequent trips a couple of times, but we had our own car both times. We took our time and spent some time at the Falls once we got there - so it took us over an hour total. But if you are pretty fit and move at a good pace, you could easily make the hike there and back within an hour. Maybe you can ask Celebrity to see if their Shore Excursion department could contact the tour operator and confirm how much time you will have at Mendenhall so you could know in advance if time will allow. Hope it works out!

I didn't take this particular tour but a whale watch and mendenhall tour. We had an hour at mendenhall. I had enough time to go to nugget falls and take photos. I didn't go to the visitor center and didn't dawdle. You may want to post to celebrity board also.