Ship "position" channel on the Bliss?

marklyn

Does anyone know if there is a channel on the TV that shows the current/live position of the ship at all times?

I have a handheld GPS device but would prefer to leave it if there is a channel for this.

I know that on the Dawn we were shown the current weather, wind speed and direction as well as the ships course and speed. If I remember right it did rotate through several different screens I think they also showed our next port and arrival times etc. It was totally different than the bridge cam channel.

• Like 1

The position alternates with the weather, navigation information and a few other things. The map is shown most of the time, but not 100%. You probably get the map 3 minutes out of every 5.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, marklyn said:

OK, thanks, followup question, does it show you additional info too, speed, camera view, etc.?  Just curious how much info they show these days.

Speed. Direction. Wind speed. Relative wind speed. Humidity. Temperature. Distance traveled. Distance to next port. Distance to final port. Other stuff. They are on rotating screens, so you may have to watch a cycle to get it all. 

• Like 1