Blue mountains

In my opinion all you’d do is see it. Near enough two hours each way, by train or road, by the time you allow for connections and/or traffic.

the only way I’d remotely consider it is if the line offers an excursion on turn around day.

• Like 1

Are you spending any time in Sydney pre or post cruises?

Also are you referring to the Scenic railway at Katoomba https://www.scenicworld.com.au/experience/scenic-railway/

or If you love railway trips another option is the ZigZag railway at Lithgow. It is set to re open soon but you will need a lot more time than just one day to really enjoy it. http://www.zigzagrailway.com.au/

You’d have to be able to leave very early to go there and leave the Mountains by 2pm at the latest - very very tight! Best bet is a ship’s tour if they’re running one. The Scenic Railway adds extra time to the requirement as there are often long lines waiting to ride it 

MicCanberra - if the Blue Mountains are tight why would you think the ZigZag would ever work as a day trip with an early return to the city? (I see you’ve sort of eliminated it as a day trip but just want to be clear it won’t work on the timing for this person) - it’s even further on than the Three Sisters 

8 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

You’d have to be able to leave very early to go there and leave the Mountains by 2pm at the latest - very very tight! Best bet is a ship’s tour if they’re running one. The Scenic Railway adds extra time to the requirement as there are often long lines waiting to ride it 

MicCanberra - if the Blue Mountains are tight why would you think the ZigZag would ever work as a day trip with an early return to the city? (I see you’ve sort of eliminated it as a day trip but just want to be clear it won’t work on the timing for this person) - it’s even further on than the Three Sisters 

I thought I had made it clear they needed more than a day for it as the railway is near Lithgow, but was thinking they may have had time prior to or post cruises.