Recent NCL Spirit Suite Experience Disappointing

Bocadude85

I agree with a previous poster........make noise while on board. We had a situation about ten years ago on the two month old Oasis of the Seas. We had booked an Aqua Theater suite and one of the two bathrooms was unusable due to the stench of sewer gas. It happened to be the largest of the two bathrooms. The smell was sickening.

The poor room steward tried everything to get rid of the smell but nothing worked. He reported it, we reported it several times with no luck. We had to place towels under the door to try and block the smell from the bedroom so we could sleep. I finally was able to get the head of Guest Services to visit the room. He stated there was not an issue. That fired me up. I immediately sent an email to Richard Fain back at RCI’s HQ. Within two hours I had every person and their brother in our stateroom working on the issue. Totally ticked the Guest Relations Manager off and he let me know about it but I had the issue resolved. 

Unfortunately sometimes we have to take matters into our own hands to get things done.  

• Like 1

That is AWFUL.  I'm so sorry.  No additional advice outside of what's already been posted, but I'd be posting those pictures EVERYWHERE.  They will want you to stop and hopefully, will offer some sort of compensation to you.  

21 hours ago, Bocadude85 said:

We just got back from a European cruise aboard the Spirit, the cruise itself and the crew onboard the ship were wonderful, however our room was a huge disappointment. We have sailed in mostly suites on our prior cruises so we have come to expect a certain quality when it comes to the suites. Our SF suite stateroom 10508 was is severe disrepair, the enamel coating in the tub was peeling off so anytime you took a bath you had chunks of enamel floating in the water with you, the shower had extreme water damage and was unsightly, the mosaic tiles on the walls were missing and falling out, the speakers in the room were falling  out of the ceiling etc. We didn’t let any of this ruin our vacation but I was extremely disappointed in the room itself. We paid almost 10k for the cruise and to me the room was not worth half of what we paid, NCL should be extremely embarrassed by the lack of quality in this suite. I have attached a few pictures below. 

58D521AA-029B-47B8-8495-BFEA02B7B4F6.jpeg

40512F68-3A72-4799-9080-0A5599EA359F.jpeg

606C1853-F64A-4D64-965A-5AB0B4697E47.jpeg

C14DA86C-427B-4A00-B16E-B603223E2019.jpeg

A3A4E019-6708-42A8-A0EB-A45EED942CAC.jpeg

I heard that the Spirit is going in to drydock for update in early 2020.

4 hours ago, NLH Arizona said:

I would email the following:  Andy Stuart and Vivian Ewart and also do an indepth, with pictures, post on NCL's community page on Facebook.  Make sure to include in the email, who you spoke to on the ship and the jest of the conversation.

Where would one find the email addresses for the above mentioned? 

4 hours ago, NLH Arizona said:

I would email the following:  Andy Stuart and Vivian Ewart and also do an indepth, with pictures, post on NCL's community page on Facebook.  Make sure to include in the email, who you spoke to on the ship and the jest of the conversation.

This would be my approach.  I agree the room was unacceptable by any normal standards. 

6 hours ago, UrbanGirlie said:

On NCL’s website it says that the Spirit was ‘refurbished in 2017’. How is this advanced state of disrepair already possible unless these items were overlooked during the remodel?

I can’t imagine these things weren’t addressed?

I agree, tub isn’t easy fix mid-cruise, but seriously how can they continue to book this cabin on future cruises without these issues being addressed?

I’ve sailed in cabins that have been rough around the edges and normally I can overlook these things as normal wear and tear but in a suite category this is ridiculous.

lastly, I can’t believe they didn’t offer some form of compensation! Very frustrating and eye opening indeed.

The 2017 refurb ended up being very minor. It was scaled right back and in the end it was just a couple of days. I believe it is due to have a bigger refurb soon, but I don’t know exactly when. My understanding was that it would be before it goes to Asia.

I love the Spirit (got my 5th and 6th cruises on it booked this year), but the cabins desperately need some work. I’ve never seen anything as bad as posted by the OP, but they are all very tired.

• Like 1