Corkage fee for wine brought onboard at embarkation

twentyknots

It's my understanding my wife and I can bring 1 bottle of wine each on board without charge.  Any additional bottles will be charged a corkage fee of $18 and may be taken to the dining room and used there throughout the cruise.   How is the $18 paid?

2 minutes ago, POA1 said:

It's added to your room account. If you drink it in the room, there's no corkage charged. 

I believe you will pay the $18 corkage fee for the extra bottles, regardless of where it is consumed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rmats said:

I believe you will pay the $18 corkage fee for the extra bottles, regardless of where it is consumed.

absolutely correct.  

2 hours ago, twentyknots said:

On a related question, we have $100 in promotional beverage cards.  How does this work?  I assume it's only good for beverages of any kind. 

Yes, it's good for any beverage.  Anything from soda, specialty coffees, mocktails, alcoholic drinks - even bottles of wine.  Hope this helps.

34 minutes ago, kazu said:

absolutely correct.  

Yes, it's good for any beverage.  Anything from soda, specialty coffees, mocktails, alcoholic drinks - even bottles of wine.  Hope this helps.

I assume it's an actual card issued at checkin and I suppose I can use it for the corkage fee.

2 minutes ago, twentyknots said:

I assume it's an actual card issued at checkin and I suppose I can use it for the corkage fee.

the card will be in your room.  NOT at check in - at least not any time I've had one (I usually buy them).

Corkage fee is charged to your on board account on embarkation day and the wine steward that collects / charges for wine is using manual forms so I don't think you could use it then.  There is no computer there which is what they need to process on your beverage card.

Now, if you brought one of your "free" bottles to the dining room, or other public rooms with bars,  I would think you should be able to use your beverage card since they have the computerised system there.