Petra - the Night Show

sansterre

Has anyone seen the night show at Petra?  8:00 - 10:30 at night with lots of candles lit and a "culture show"

I have limitation for walking and standing.  So I'm wondering if I need to walk over uneven ground, or more than a few blocks.  Will I need to stand 

for the show or is there seating?  Should I take my cane which folds into a seat, or walking sticks which help on uneven ground.

Or is it enough to see Petra during the day, and spend a restful night back on the ship preparing for the next day's excursion to Wadi Rum?

Thank you for all opinions, advice, and suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2019 at 8:58 AM, sansterre said:

Has anyone seen the night show at Petra?  8:00 - 10:30 at night with lots of candles lit and a "culture show"

I have limitation for walking and standing.  So I'm wondering if I need to walk over uneven ground, or more than a few blocks.  Will I need to stand 

for the show or is there seating?  Should I take my cane which folds into a seat, or walking sticks which help on uneven ground.

Or is it enough to see Petra during the day, and spend a restful night back on the ship preparing for the next day's excursion to Wadi Rum?

Thank you for all opinions, advice, and suggestions.

Day or night, Petra is wonderful.  Do NOT miss Wadi Rum.  The Bedouin people are soooo nice.  I'd do it all again tomorrow.

The walk from the Visitor Center down to the Treasury is 3/4 mile.  You will have to do that and then go the same distance on an incline back out.  We were there a few months ago on one of the nights that offered that (overnite trip on HAL) but we chose not do do it but to save ourselves for our trip in the next day. 

The first day of our 2 day trip was to Wadi Rum.  Other than the visitor center, we saw nothing for sale during our trip though the area.

Linda R.