Cruiseline arranged air all bad?

auburn77

My wife and I are booked on the Liberty (Europe) in May. We purchased the air through Carnival. Have been on several cruises, but always arranged our own transportation. I assume because we booked this one early that we got a good deal. I have looked at all the travel sites and, believe it or not, cannot find anything close to cheaper than the Carnival fare.

All I read about on this board concerning Carnival arranged air is bad. Does anyone have anything positive to say about their experience. Has anyone else used Carnival to arrange air to Rome?

I had Carnival arrange my air when I took a Panama Canel cruise. Because I was flying home from and airport different from the one I had flown too my travel agent was not able to arrange a price cheaper than Carnival had quoted. The trip went without a hitch and I was very happy with Carnival arranging my flight. That said, I have not done it again because I can usually arrange airfare cheaper on my own.

My wife and I are booked on the Liberty (Europe) in May. We purchased the air through Carnival. Have been on several cruises, but always arranged our own transportation. I assume because we booked this one early that we got a good deal. I have looked at all the travel sites and, believe it or not, cannot find anything close to cheaper than the Carnival fare.

All I read about on this board concerning Carnival arranged air is bad. Does anyone have anything positive to say about their experience. Has anyone else used Carnival to arrange air to Rome?

Carnival did our air to europe and it was great because we booked the pre-stay as well. If you have the air add on the pre-stay in Rome if you don't and fly in the day of the cruise (carnivals policy) you can be pretty sure something will go wrong. Many who did this didn't get their luggage for 3 -6 days into the cruise. Book the pre-stay in Rome Hotel Visconte. Hire Bob's limousines for the day tour of Rome and have a great time as well as being rested for what will be a great but very tiring trip. Remeber to use your sea days to recharge.

Our arrangements have always been great! :D I think alot of it depends on where you are flying from what kind of arrangements are available. We fly in and out of Pittsburgh and all but one flight have been non-stop with very reasonable times. The cost has been comparable - or better - through Carnival. It is annoying that they do not always "preassign" seats - but even if you take care of it at the airport it's not that big of a deal. So for us it has been great.

Just as an example, next week we leave at 8:40 am nonstop to Miami and coming home we leave at 1 something, again nonstop.

I know others have not had experiences like ours - but I do recommended Carnivals air program. It has worked well for us.

Archived