CocoCay Beach Bungalow review

Four friends and I rented a bungalow on Chill Island during our June 24, 2019, Majesty 5 day cruise.   We were lucky enough to reserve it at the last minute by calling RCL and paid $244, quite a steal compared to the prices listed in the Cruise Planner.  There were five of us so we were happy to pay $49 pp. for the day.    We arrived around 9AM, chose the bungalow we wanted - #24 which was in the first row, directly in front of the water.  (I heard people on both sides of us who were cruising on the Navigator, say they were assigned a bungalow.  Not sure why we could pick)  We were given wrist bands and  a menu to pick choices for lunch.   It was recommended that each person choose one from each of the three available categories - salads, sandwiches/burgers and desserts.  We did this and there was plenty of food.  It was very tasty and we were happy that it was delivered to us and we didn't need to go find the buffet.  Although there is a bar there, I would recommend you bring drinks from the ship (we all had water bottles which we filled before we left).   They only give four bottles of water per bungalow but will give you as much ice as you need.  We went to the bar once - $11 for CocoLoco, the drink of the day and $3.95 for a Coke.  Our bill came to $18+ with added fees.  Five towels and two floating mats were provided.  The water was beautiful and we spent a lot of time there.  Directly in front of our bungalow the water was very shallow.   To the right a few feet, it was deeper.  We did not snorkel but did see a small shark swim by!!  There were no jellyfish the day we were there.  Three of my friends had the internet package but it did not work on Chill Island.  There were signs nearby saying that it probably wouldn't and that they were working on it.  We all thoroughly enjoyed the day.  Would I go again if the price was $799 as it is listed for our August cruise?  No!  If you can get it for under $250, especially if you split the cost with someone else, I would highly recommend it.  One more piece of advice - TAKE THE TRAM.  It is a long, hot walk if you don't!

IMG_1847.thumb.JPG.e91e0c6be6a124a3e77b9e5d668186e4.JPGIMG_1848.thumb.JPG.9cb81e155d16a88c333f5be427d06bcf.JPG

• Like 2

these look very nice. i have never seen them offered in the pre cruise planning section on the RCI website. I have a Chill Island cabanna reserved for our cruise in Dec buy this option looks nice too

On 7/3/2019 at 10:19 PM, Cruiser24 said:

Four friends and I rented a bungalow on Chill Island during our June 24, 2019, Majesty 5 day cruise.   We were lucky enough to reserve it at the last minute by calling RCL and paid $244, quite a steal compared to the prices listed in the Cruise Planner.  There were five of us so we were happy to pay $49 pp. for the day.    We arrived around 9AM, chose the bungalow we wanted - #24 which was in the first row, directly in front of the water.  (I heard people on both sides of us who were cruising on the Navigator, say they were assigned a bungalow.  Not sure why we could pick)  We were given wrist bands and  a menu to pick choices for lunch.   It was recommended that each person choose one from each of the three available categories - salads, sandwiches/burgers and desserts.  We did this and there was plenty of food.  It was very tasty and we were happy that it was delivered to us and we didn't need to go find the buffet.  Although there is a bar there, I would recommend you bring drinks from the ship (we all had water bottles which we filled before we left).   They only give four bottles of water per bungalow but will give you as much ice as you need.  We went to the bar once - $11 for CocoLoco, the drink of the day and $3.95 for a Coke.  Our bill came to $18+ with added fees.  Five towels and two floating mats were provided.  The water was beautiful and we spent a lot of time there.  Directly in front of our bungalow the water was very shallow.   To the right a few feet, it was deeper.  We did not snorkel but did see a small shark swim by!!  There were no jellyfish the day we were there.  Three of my friends had the internet package but it did not work on Chill Island.  There were signs nearby saying that it probably wouldn't and that they were working on it.  We all thoroughly enjoyed the day.  Would I go again if the price was $799 as it is listed for our August cruise?  No!  If you can get it for under $250, especially if you split the cost with someone else, I would highly recommend it.  One more piece of advice - TAKE THE TRAM.  It is a long, hot walk if you don't!

IMG_1847.thumb.JPG.e91e0c6be6a124a3e77b9e5d668186e4.JPGIMG_1848.thumb.JPG.9cb81e155d16a88c333f5be427d06bcf.JPG

Did they move the bungalows to Chill Island from South Beach? Those pics look like South Beach and the water was very shallow statement also ties in to South Beach. At Chill Island the water gets waist deep within 20 feet of the waterline.

5 hours ago, Dat Cruisin Couple said:

Did they move the bungalows to Chill Island from South Beach? Those pics look like South Beach and the water was very shallow statement also ties in to South Beach. At Chill Island the water gets waist deep within 20 feet of the waterline.

Not sure.  All of the signs as well as our tickets said we were at Chill Island.  All the way at the end of the island.

11 hours ago, parothead said:

these look very nice. i have never seen them offered in the pre cruise planning section on the RCI website. I have a Chill Island cabanna reserved for our cruise in Dec buy this option looks nice too

I had not seen them advertised either.  The only reason we got it was because when my friend called to question the price of a cabana, the RCI agent offered her this.  I think we were very lucky!

5 minutes ago, Cruiser24 said:

Not sure.  All of the signs as well as our tickets said we were at Chill Island.  All the way at the end of the island.

We were at the cabanas on Chill Island  last month and paid WAY more.looks like you got exactly the same service and experience. I'm Jealous. 🙂 Good for you.

• 2 months later...
On 7/5/2019 at 11:13 PM, parothead said:

I am going on the Navigator in January, and I keep checking online.  They still haven't shown up.  A message from RC says they will, but I'm not so sure.

• 2 months later...