Britannia v Ventura

paphoslady

1 hour ago, amfc_lenny said:

I've not sailed on Ventura, but have sailed on Azura and Britannia.

I think you'd enjoy them both, but personally I preferred the bigger balcony, promenade deck and the tiered aft of the Azura/ Ventura class. It somehow does feel more of a ship, perhaps the prom deck and also the hidden clam prom deck at the front of the ship.

What is a hidden clam prom, and how do you get to it please?

59 minutes ago, happy v said:

What is a hidden clam prom, and how do you get to it please?

On Ventura you go up the stairs where the deck 7 promenade ends to the deck 8 level, this continues round the very front of the ship to extreme pointy end, the clam shell refers to the appearance of this section as viewed from ashore.  On Azura you can only access this area via a door at the end of the cabin area on Emerald deck, if its open. 

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

On Ventura you go up the stairs where the deck 7 promenade ends to the deck 8 level, this continues round the very front of the ship to extreme pointy end, the clam shell refers to the appearance of this section as viewed from ashore.  On Azura you can only access this area via a door at the end of the cabin area on Emerald deck, if its open. 

Thank-you, John. I will look for this next week. I've been on Ventura before but I can't remember being at the very pointy bit!

17 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Just to clarify the difference. On Ventura the promenade deck continues all around the ship, including the bows. The bow section is one deck higher than the rest, accessed by a flight of steps. For Azura P&O added balconies to a small number of cabins on either side of the ship which faced out onto the promenade deck just forward of the steps, which were removed. It is therefore not possible to walk all the way around the promenade deck on Azura, although the bows section can still be accessed via a little publicised door inside the ship. An obviously retrograde step, but no doubt worth it in P&O beancounters eyes.