NCL''s Sticky Fingers

Windsailer

Left the Getaway this AM. Account as of 5am today showed $60 in refundable credit (post taxes refund) and $11 in non-refundable OBC. At 6am decided to get a fancy drink at Starbucks to use up some of the latter credit. Previous drinks had been charged against the non-refunable credit. Assumed the $60 would be refunded to my credit card. Go to leave the ship and can't get through security. They sent me to the Front Desk. Turns out they HAD to refund me in cash, and wanted to give me $51 - the $60 less the cost of my drink. I suggested they use the $11 I had left in non-refundable credit. They said Starbucks charges were only again the refundable credit!!! After some discussion they changed their mind and I got my $60 in cash. Back to security. Still Can't get through. Finally security called the Front Desk and I was let through. It left me with a bad taste in my mouth....and not a great start to my trip home.

Kinda a lesson learned. Take care of using your OBC on your last night before they close the books and charge your outstanding bill to your credit card. While we think that computers and accounting systems are magic and can instantly reconcile transactions, often it is not so. And reconciling charge on disembarkation day requires human intervention which is really up to the skill of the desk agent trying to do it.