Lunch menu in MDR on sea days

Count me in as one more fan of the Tutti salad bar!!  Love it!  We don't order off the regular menu much, but I do like the selections they list...think it is a better selection than the dinner menu...IMHO.  🙂 

12 minutes ago, island lady said:

think it is a better selection than the dinner menu...

Totally agree.  Maybe it's because I'm usually a lot more hungry (hungrier?) at lunchtime than dinner (too many snacks in the DL/CL!) but I really seem to enjoy the selections and food itself much more in the MDR at lunch vs dinner.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Totally agree.  Maybe it's because I'm usually a lot more hungry (hungrier?) at lunchtime than dinner (too many snacks in the DL/CL!) but I really seem to enjoy the selections and food itself much more in the MDR at lunch vs dinner.

Agree...though I could be wrong...I believe the number of entrees and variety on the lunch menu out number the number of entree choices from the dinner menu.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Best of both worlds: Yummy tutti salad and a good book!

i never thought of asking for a solo table in the MDR for lunch but you’ve inspired me!🤗

I am happy with either -- I enjoy sitting at the group tables and meeting new people and learning where they're from, what they do, basic small talk stuff.  It's very rare that there isn't some sort of rapport at the table.

But I'm also totally happy to immerse myself in my book while having a deeply personal connection with my beloved Tutti Salad! 

Some people don't like eating alone, but always having my Kindle in my bag means I'm always ready for anything, and I really am fine with group or solo seating. 

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

I am happy with either -- I enjoy sitting at the group tables and meeting new people and learning where they're from, what they do, basic small talk stuff.  It's very rare that there isn't some sort of rapport at the table.

But I'm also totally happy to immerse myself in my book while having a deeply personal connection with my beloved Tutti Salad! 

Some people don't like eating alone, but always having my Kindle in my bag means I'm always ready for anything, and I really am fine with group or solo seating. 

My Kindle is always with me, too. 

If I arrive somewhere too early, I read. 

Stuck in the chilly examining room, I read. 

I don't mind lunching in a restaurant by myself, because, oh joy! I can enjoy my meal and read, too. 

We always ask for a large table on cruises and have always had great luck with table mates. 

Breakfast and lunch, DH loves Windjammer and I don’t, so I vary my lunch places. 

Sorrentos with my Kindle, MDR usually with others because I never thought about a solo table, and my balcony with a Park Place roast beef with double meat and a bag of potato chips=bliss!

• Like 1

OK. You all have convinced me! I am putting it in my plan to eat at the MDR for lunch and try the tutti salad. The irony being this will be my first cruise not eating in the MDR at all for dinner. I usually eat lunch at the Solarium or Cafe but I will go the the MDR early enough on the cruise, so that I can repeat if I love it. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, er345 said:

OK. You all have convinced me! I am putting it in my plan to eat at the MDR for lunch and try the tutti salad. The irony being this will be my first cruise not eating in the MDR at all for dinner. I usually eat lunch at the Solarium or Cafe but I will go the the MDR early enough on the cruise, so that I can repeat if I love it. 

In the past years, we have been going to MDR for dinner less and less.  Prefer specialty or just "grazing" late in the WJ after too many happy-tisers in the lounges.  😉

We do, however, love going to the MDR for both breakfast and lunch.  

• Like 1