Onboard question credit

jc foster

We have a large amount of onboard credit for an upcoming cruise . Most of this credit is from Celebrity. In the past we have spent most onboard credit on onboard shopping or excursions. My question is if we do not spend this can it be applied towards our gratuities? thanks

Your OBC can be used for the  daily gratuity .  You will start the Cruise with $xx in credit on your account and as charges are made they I’ll be taken from your credit.  It usually is day 2 or 3 before the daily gratuties are processed but these will just be deducted from your balance.  

The OBC will be applied against any charges, except a deposit on a future cruise, u til it is all gone or your Cruise is over.

Edited by jelayne

Be sure that you accounts are joined together.  We had a ton of SBC.  Whenever we charged something I would use my card as it was handier.  We looked at the folio  and I was being charged beyond my SBC.  We went to GR and they said because the SBC was split between me and my wife.   We said no our accounts should be joined together.  They corrected the problem but it could have resulted in a lot of unused lost SBC and a charge to my  credit card if we didn’t catch it before the end of the cruise.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

You can also pay for the daily gratuities before you board using the SBC and you can also make other purchases.   It is something that X now allows.

Go into your booking on X and look under manage or plan your cruise.

Happy  cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

42 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Your OBC can be used for the  daily gratuity .  You will start the Cruise with $xx in credit on your account and as charges are made they I’ll be taken from your credit.  It usually is day 2 or 3 before the daily gratuties are processed but these will just be deducted from your balance.  

The OBC will be applied against any charges, except a deposit on a future cruise, u til it is all gone or your Cruise is over.

thanks, for your response. This answers my question. I have used OBC for many purchase but never gratuities.

As late as October 2018, you could also go to guest relations and get a form on which to specify staff members to receive additional tips over their portion of the daily tips you've paid.

This thread discusses that.

Edited by misterkevin