Day 1 Dlx Package BOGO on 7/5/19 Ovation & some quick thoughts

I have not noticed this being mentioned before so I wanted to make a quick post about a deal they had on embarkation day on the 7/5/19 sailing of Ovation of the Seas.  They had Deluxe Packages for buy one get one 1/2 off.  This was only offered Day 1 and I was told by multiple bartenders that it was only available on Ovation.  Package 1 was $63 a day, package 2 was $31.50.  There was 18% added to those prices.

569A180D-F745-4670-8D04-C53C3144392B.jpeg

The cruise itself was great.  We had booked an interior guarantee and ended up with accessible cabin 8141 which was huge.  

It was the first cruise I have ever been on that dis not meet the 25 person minimum for a M&M. I was shocked as if is such a big ship and was sold out.

We did the Mendenhall Glacier/ Salmon Bake excursion in Juneau.  They only give you an hour at the Glacier which is not enough time.  Hubby and I had to basically power walk down and back the the falls.  We made it back with only a few minutes to spare are we were only down at Nugget falls for a few minutes.  

In Skagway we did the White Pass Scenic Railway.  It was great.  We ended up being stuck for an hour or so at the summit because there

was a train behind us broken down on the tracks.  They have us all a choice of a free hat or 

DVD to apologize for the delay.

There was a lot of haze in the air because of forest fires going on in Alaska.  

We took lots of pictures of our excursions and if the cabin but seem to have basically 0 of the ship otherwise.  All of our pics are on FB if you want to take a look.

https://m.facebook.com/disneydvc/albums/10161927258760587/

Edited by Canadian Disney Mom

40 minutes ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

They had Deluxe Packages for buy one get one 1/2 off.  This was only offered Day 1 and I was told by multiple bartenders that it was only available on Ovation.  Package 1 was $63 a day, package 2 was $31.50.  There was 18% added to those prices.

Slightly better than what we saw on Indy this week.  Their buy one, get one 50% off was 78 and 39, but those prices are inclusive for sailings from Southampton 

So the BOGO offer is basically the same as the $47 price offered in the cruise planner.  But good to know for those that missed it in advance.

We also have the glacier and Salmon Bake excursion booked for August.  I’m sad to hear about the limited time. That leaves no time for the visitor center. I also would like to do the Nugget Falls hike.  I will think about doing this on our own instead.  How was the Salmon Bake part?