Dania Beach Hotels

baggal

Doing a search for a pre-cruise hotel in the Ft. Lauderdale area.  We've sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale many times but have never stayed in Dania Beach preferring 17th street or more north in order to visit with friends and family.

I'm not familiar at all with this area but I've noticed that the hotel rates are on average 20% -30% less than the 17th st. area.    I'm wondering why.  Does the area have the same amenities (restaurants, drug stores, Publix) and do you need a car to get to a restaurant?  

Any hotel recommendations would be welcome.

Thanks

19 minutes ago, baggal said:

Doing a search for a pre-cruise hotel in the Ft. Lauderdale area.  We've sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale many times but have never stayed in Dania Beach preferring 17th street or more north in order to visit with friends and family.

I'm not familiar at all with this area but I've noticed that the hotel rates are on average 20% -30% less than the 17th st. area.    I'm wondering why.  Does the area have the same amenities (restaurants, drug stores, Publix) and do you need a car to get to a restaurant?  

Any hotel recommendations would be welcome.

Thanks

I, too, noticed the price difference for our November trip. We always stay at the Hyatt off 17th, but the price per night was far more than we wanted to spend, so I booked the Hyatt Place in Dania, only about 5 miles further down the road, and the cost difference more than covered a rental car. We always get a car, so access to restaurants and stores will not impact our travel plans. We like the restaurants along 17th, so we'll head there in the evening, plus stop for our cruise wine.

Darcy

Are you asking about the hotels along Federal Highway in Dania Beach?

Or the hotels at the interchange of I-95 and either Griffin or Stirling Roads (at the latter those on the north side of Stirling have Dania Beach addresses, the south side Hollywood addresses)?

Big difference in amenities and safety of neighborhood.

If the hotels at the corner of Stirling and 95 is what you are talking about, they aren't a heck of a lot different than 17th.  You have the huge plaza right across the street (Oakwood) and all sorts of new restaurants right near the hotel.  Maybe a little more walking but not much.   It's a totally new development with quite a few restaurants, good ones, too.  And close enough to Uber to some other restaurants like Rustic Inn, Tropical, etc.

Edited by BNBR