Is this a Aussie site?

libra-sue

I am also trying to find a British P & O site as I am sailing on Oriana in December! I looked for the site 'We Love Cruising' on Google that you recommended but could not find it, can you advise:confused: Many Thanks

http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/welovecruising/ and P & O's crusie connections.

http://www.pocruiseconnections.co.uk/

Hope this helps

Mel

I'm an Aussie (ex-Sydney) living in the U.S. Can I post too? My brother-in-law is a Brit (living in Sydney) so that should count for something too (?)

Hey this is one big party and everyone is welcome as long as they behave:) :)

are you in usa for good now ?

lots of us ex brits living in sydney

If you go to www.yahoo.com.au. Then I put in a search for "We love cruising" with Yahoo and it came up. Hope this works for you! :)

There is also the Brittish www.P&O.com under cruise personliser. I think this one is only for the Brittish ships.:)

Thanks strawberrypatch - found P & O site and it is very suitable for questions I want answering! :)

1. Is it possible to split the P&O board to be P&O UK and P&O Australia. Not that we really mind reading each others posts, it can just get a little confusing. Plus us Aussies have taken over the P&O board and I think the Brits are feeling a little left out.

2. Following the upgrade we have lost the ability to see which other users were online. Is it possible to have this returned. It's great to know who is online and sometimes helps us decide if we want to wait to see if anyone has anything to post.

3. Is there any intention to be able to use the PM function? This may stop the boards from getting cluttered up. Of course for this to work we would need to be able to see who is online.

4. What is the process for reporting a poster who people believe is being offensive? We have a fairly friendly site but occasionally get someone who is either having a go at people to get a response because they are bored or are generally nasty.

I got a response from LauraS at CC. Sorry have been so busy I haven't had time to put it on for everyone.

"1. The number of posts on the P&O forum does not warrant splitting. Sorry! It is fairly easy for folks to bypass what they do not want to read.

2. Yes, we removed the "who's online" function. It is a tremendous drain on resources.

3. We've always toyed with the idea of offering a premium service, where we'd include features such as PM, who's online etc. There are no set plans to offer this at this time.

4. To report a specific poster, you can write to me at this address with details. Or, if you prefer, you may use the Alert feature built into the message boards by reporting the specific post that violates our guidelines. Locate the Alert feature in the upper right hand corner of each and every post on the board. It looks like a Yellow Triangle. The Alert report is forwarded to the moderator of the forum, as well as myself."

Was a very quick response and pretty much what we thought.

Cheers,

Chaz:)

Archived