Is this a Aussie site?

libra-sue

Hope you don't mind me asking, but is this site a Aussie based/created site?

I CAN'T HELP NOTICING THAT MOST PANDO POSTS ARE ABOUT AUSSIE SHIPS... very few brits here?

:confused:

a lot of comments are on ships i've never heard of and places far, far away.... how many brits on here?

COMMENTS PLEASE

Sue;)

1ST cruise on Arcadia from Southampton to Canaries in May 06

Yes it is certainly mostly Aussies that post on here talking about our 3 ships, Pacific Sun, Pacific Star & Pacific Sky. However, anyone is welcome to post of course. The only problem is, many of your questions would not be answered because we don't know anything about your ships. Whenever you have a question to ask, ask away & keep your fingers crossed.

Karen

Everyones welcome wer'e a friendly bunch,not much flaming here! :p we might even entice some Brits/Americans to come over and cruise from here to the South Pacific area,make a change from the Caribbean. My cousins came over Feb last from UK and we all sailed from Sydney to South Pacific

Some brits do read and post on this board, though it would be better if more did - When I first started to read the board there were very few posts at all, then the Australians arrived:D At least it makes it look busy - 1 post a day was a bit depressing. What I would say is that it would be useful to indicate location if asking a general question (i.e. name of ship is not in the title), I often open threads that look like I could reply to only to find its Australian based:).

More lively sites are the cruise connection page on the P+O website (if you can cope with it - it is (was - not visited for a while) a very slow site), and the Yahoo group 'We Love Cruising' which is mainly P+O cruisers (though others are welcome and do visit)

I will continue to read CC P+O page and if questions come up that I can reply to, I will do so

Hope this helps

Karen

a lot of comments are on ships i've never heard of and places far, far away.... how many brits on here?
Another Brit here.

The CC site is actually American. There has always been a serious shortage of UK P&O discussion (ie P&O mainline ships). I think that mainline P&O cruisers mainly use other boards (which shall remain unnamed) and not really this one. So the discovery by the Aussies of this forum for discussing P&O Oz has revitalised it enormously.

So the discovery by the Aussies of this forum for discussing P&O Oz has revitalised it enormously.

We must also give thanks to Carnival for tripling the size if the Australian fleet

KarenR_UK

What I would say is that it would be useful to indicate location if asking a general question (i.e. name of ship is not in the title), I often open threads that look like I could reply to only to find its Australian based

The same thing happens to me.Sometimes it is confusing especially when the poster does not give a location.

We must also give thanks to Carnival for tripling the size if the Australian fleet ......

The same thing happens to me.Sometimes it is confusing especially when the poster does not give a location.

Hmm. Tried to post this a couple of times and the CC site crashes. Hope it doesn't double-post. :o

It would save a lot of confusion if there was a designated P&O Australia forum. The review page for this forum only refers to the British fleet with no mention of the Down Under party ships ;)

There could well be a good reason for not splitting the P&O forums because the question has been raised in the past...Maybe if we all plead to the moderators, they might reconsider..:D

EDIT :Spelling

I'm being lazy in not looking for myself but figure someone else may already have the answer! Is there any way we can direct our comments to the moderators or owners of this site? Like the suggestion above, or the concern about the removal of Who's online? I'm sure they don't read every single post, there would be thousands of them and how are they expected to keep up!!

Cheers,

Chaz:)

I'm being lazy in not looking for myself but figure someone else may already have the answer! Is there any way we can direct our comments to the moderators or owners of this site? Like the suggestion above, or the concern about the removal of Who's online? I'm sure they don't read every single post, there would be thousands of them and how are they expected to keep up!!

Cheers,

Hi Chaz,

Maybe a question placed in the "ask a question" section of the boards may help. It's in the "Need help using the boards" part.

Just a thought anyway :)

Trevor.

Is there any way we can direct our comments to the moderators or owners of this site?
If you look at the FAQ and Guidelines sections (see the bar near the top of the page), you'll find the main e-mail address. The mailbox name is community and obviously it will be found at the domain known as cruisecritic which is suffixed with com.

There, that should have put those blasted spambots off.

Some brits do read and post on this board, though it would be better if more did - When I first started to read the board there were very few posts at all, then the Australians arrived:D At least it makes it look busy - 1 post a day was a bit depressing. What I would say is that it would be useful to indicate location if asking a general question (i.e. name of ship is not in the title), I often open threads that look like I could reply to only to find its Australian based:).

More lively sites are the cruise connection page on the P+O website (if you can cope with it - it is (was - not visited for a while) a very slow site), and the Yahoo group 'We Love Cruising' which is mainly P+O cruisers (though others are welcome and do visit)

I will continue to read CC P+O page and if questions come up that I can reply to, I will do so

Hope this helps

Karen

I think you fit right in karen seeing as there seem to be an abundance of karens/karon on this board. There also was, very recently a thread where a lot of the aussie posters declared themselves to be orginally from the uk

I think us Aussies have definitely hijacked this thread. It has definitely livened up since I first started coming in here back in April 2005. Happened to stumble on the site when looking for details on our cancelled cruise and have never really left...

Cheers,

Chaz, try Carolyn Spencer (Editor) feedback@cruisecritic.com I will leave it to you as you know what you want to say. We 're behind you :D .....Brenda

Thanks Brenda... Below is the message I sent through:

Hi Carolyn,

Firstly I love Cruise Critic!! I have become addicted and love going on line to discuss and answer questions about cruising. It is a wonderful tool for us cruise fanatics. Someone suggested you were the best person to send through some comments we have been discussing in Cruise Critic. The details are as follows:

1. Is it possible to split the P&O board to be P&O UK and P&O Australia. Not that we really mind reading each others posts, it can just get a little confusing. Plus us Aussies have taken over the P&O board and I think the Brits are feeling a little left out.

2. Following the upgrade we have lost the ability to see which other users were online. Is it possible to have this returned. It's great to know who is online and sometimes helps us decide if we want to wait to see if anyone has anything to post.

3. Is there any intention to be able to use the PM function? This may stop the boards from getting cluttered up. Of course for this to work we would need to be able to see who is online.

4. What is the process for reporting a poster who people believe is being offensive? We have a fairly friendly site but occasionally get someone who is either having a go at people to get a response because they are bored or are generally nasty.

I appreciate your time. If you have any questions or wish to respond to my comments please use a reply message or post a thread on the P&O board!

Thanks,

Chaz

Well put! Chaz. I had hoped to be on earlier but when I got home from work at 6 had surprise visitors from UK so took them out for a tour of the area. They were only here for the evening.Another lot to add to my list of people to visit when I go over later this year on my fantastic cruise on Vos :D sorry people couldn't resist.

I think us Aussies have definitely hijacked this thread. It has definitely livened up since I first started coming in here back in April 2005. Happened to stumble on the site when looking for details on our cancelled cruise and have never really left...

Cheers,

I have no objections to the Aussies on the site - as I said it livened the place up - I actually go to the Princess board occasionally as its so much more active and many cruising questions are interesting even if you don't know the specific ships.:)

Karen

4. What is the process for reporting a poster who people believe is being offensive? We have a fairly friendly site but occasionally get someone who is either having a go at people to get a response because they are bored or are generally nasty.

Chaz that function is allready in place.

At the top of each posting on the yellow bar ,at the far right hand side is a red triangle.This is for reporting bad posts.

I used this once,when someone started to turn a thread into a political attack on us downunder.All I said was that I did not think this post was called for and the offensive post was deleted by the Cruise Critic moderator.

Hope this helps

Karen

I am also trying to find a British P & O site as I am sailing on Oriana in December! I looked for the site 'We Love Cruising' on Google that you recommended but could not find it, can you advise:confused: Many Thanks

I am also trying to find a British P & O site as I am sailing on Oriana in December! I looked for the site 'We Love Cruising' on Google that you recommended but could not find it, can you advise:confused: Many Thanks

If you go to www.yahoo.com.au. Then I put in a search for "We love cruising" with Yahoo and it came up. Hope this works for you! :)

There is also the Brittish www.P&O.com under cruise personliser. I think this one is only for the Brittish ships.:)

Chaz that function is allready in place.

At the top of each posting on the yellow bar ,at the far right hand side is a red triangle.This is for reporting bad posts.

I used this once,when someone started to turn a thread into a political attack on us downunder.All I said was that I did not think this post was called for and the offensive post was deleted by the Cruise Critic moderator.

Ah! Never really noticed that before. Not that we have much trouble on this site.

Good for you sticking it up someone for daring to attack us Aussies and Kiwis. :)

..and even if we do get our own "Down Under" forum, I hope the British and U.S. and all others continue to pop in and say "hello".

Ah! Never really noticed that before. Not that we have much trouble on this site.

Good for you sticking it up someone for daring to attack us Aussies and Kiwis. :)

..and even if we do get our own "Down Under" forum, I hope the British and U.S. and all others continue to pop in and say "hello".

Yes us Aussies are very friendly and all is welcome! :)

Archived