Help choosing a forward OV on QM2

HaveDogWillTravel

I love the forward part of the ship. The library on the QM2 is my favorite place to be as I love the motion.  

The first few OV cabins on deck 4,  5 & 6 seem a bit larger than the ones more forward, is that correct?  

I am wondering if the deck 4 cabins 4012-4016 have a noise issue being above the theater.  I am up very early (5- 6 am) and go to bed early (9-10 pm) 

What about deck 6 noise from the promenade?  

How much smaller are the more forward cabins?

This is for a westbound TA.  On our last WB TA we had a port side room with stunning views of the statue of liberty sailing in to NYC.  I would like to stay port side again for these views.  My apologies if these questions have been answered elsewhere.  My searches did not reveal any. 

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

There have been threads regarding cabins over the theater, and there are those who say there was noise from the theater. 

The Promenade is on deck 7, so I don't think you'd hear any footfalls from that. Maybe on 6 you would. 

We had 5009 on a recent trip. We were impressed by its size. It was definitely larger than the 2 or 3 ocean-view cabins immediately forward of it. We were on the starboard side, so you might want to look at the equivalent room on the port side. 

Now, that said, because of the placement of the bed against the hull, it wasn't easy to look out without kneeling on the bed. This was our first ocean view cabin, so I don't know if they're all laid out that way. 

Phil

P.S. This might have been the thread I'm thinking of that discussed noise over the theater:

Edited by frankp01

I was in 4022 in June. I never heard anything from Illuminations, where they show movies in the evenings. The live performances are in the Royal Court which is further aft and you will not hear those from a forward OV. 

26 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I don’t know why I have such a hard time getting a search to give results. Much appreciated. 

FWIW, it's easier to search using a laptop because you can search within a specific forum (such as this one). Searching on my phone doesn't give me that capability, and I get hundreds of undesired hits.

Hope you find the cabin you're looking for!