Horizon-FTTF and Specialty Dining Reservation Questions

Embre

It's been a while since I have reserved a table at the specialty dining. Can someone tell me how long it should take to receive confirmation? I received confirmation from one restaurant right away but haven't heard from the other, and am worried my request may not have gone through.

Is the FTTF option worth the money? This is new one to me, it wasn't an option on my last cruise.

I am on the Horizon, 8 day starting on Sep 21, 2019 and requested reservations for our group for Steakhouse back in May and received a response within days.  Didn't make reservations yet for the others yet!  But need to!  

Far as FFTF, haven't had that experience yet either.

I went on the Horizon this past May and I remember the Steakhouse replied within a day or two but the others took weeks.  I had the FTTF and always try to get it so when I get on the ship my room is ready and I can drop off our carry ons and head out for a good time.

We have always bought FTTF. We mostly always cruise with kids, and we enjoy boarding as early as possible and getting settled in our cabin, then exploring the ship. Boarding early gives us a feeling like the first day is a full day. Some folks might not find value in it, but we enjoy it.

• Like 1

As for the specialty restaurant reservations, I usually receive a response within one to three days. I think it all depends on when and where you book. 

As for FTTF, we always get it. For me, it is so convenient. Priority boarding and tendering (if it's a tender port), separate guest service line, and most importantly, our room is ready upon boarding. That way we aren't lugging around bags for hours, waiting on the lido deck. For some, it's not worth the cost. I find it to be a necessity. Availability can be limited. We've been lucky to always get it. I say go for it if you can. 

Thanks for all the replies. Still haven't heard from the Steak House, Bonsai confirmed right away.Think I will try to get the FTTF if I can. I think I read that it's one price for the room, is that accurate?

3 hours ago, Embre said:

Thanks for all the replies. Still haven't heard from the Steak House, Bonsai confirmed right away.Think I will try to get the FTTF if I can. I think I read that it's one price for the room, is that accurate?

Yes, only one person in each cabin needs to buy FTTF.