Hosted Tables

yahtzee

Is it appropriate to request an invitation to a hosted table?  On past Seabourn cruises, we've really enjoyed dining with the Cruise Director on night 1 or 2.  All Seabourn CDs are fun people who know how to keep the conversation flowing.  Also, being at a hosted table at the start of a cruise is an easy way to meet a few people who may become friends as the journey continues.  In "real life" we aren't ones to ask to be invited to a party!  However, cruises are arguably different.  Is it appropriate to indicate to Seabourn Square that we are interested in dining at a hosted table?  Or more specifically, dining with the Cruise Director?

Agree with going to Seabourn Square and mentioning that you would enjoy an invitation.  Also, if you are generally open to changing plans at the last minute. My experience has also been that they will occasionally call willing guests in room in the late afternoon to find substitutes for a hosted table.

I also know that table hosts can request specific passengers for their tables so if you want to dine with the cruise director, let him or her know that you’d enjoy the opportunity to join them for dinner during the cruise.  While that won’t guarantee a seat, it will let them know you are interested.  I’ve had a few of my invites revealed in advance when someone has told me they’ve added me to an invite list.

We are always open to hosted tables and tell the MDR that on our first night as we go in.  We've always gone with the flow and just said yes to any hosted table we fancy, when we havent got a TK Grill booking or want to go to Earth & Ocean.

The telephone rings fairly regularly between 5.30pm and 6pm with extra invites when others have declined! 

We've never directly asked anyone to attend their hosted table but there's always a first time I suppose! 

We find hosted tables a great way of meeting people, there have been some brilliant and fun 'Hosts' that have given us a memorable night, and also those who you can tell are really doing it under sufferance (although they do try to hide that!)