Allure or Freedom

We are booked on Allure Dec 15th and have lost Roatan for Nassau.  Will Stop at Coco Cay, Costa Maya and Cozumel.Husband wants to switch to Freedom out of San Juan to Curacau Aruba Bonaire and St Thomas.  He wants to Scuba in St Thomas bc that was plan for Roatan.  We did sail Freedom 10 years ago and was great but were excited about our first Oasis class ship.  Our kids are 21 and 19

We can change flights but FLL is so much simpler, direct flights and we know what to expect.

Is there good Scuba in Nassau? What else would you recommend?

Is Allure that much better than Freedom?

We had booked Maya Chan and the Cozumel Bar hop, suggestions for Curacau, Aruba or Bonaire?

Anything else I should consider?  I've looked at other Oasis class ships for the week and either itinerary or pricing are not agreeable

Thanks for your help

Sarah 

Allure 

Best snorkeling by far is at Cozumel

Best show is Momma Mia

There is so much more to do - entetrainment, boardwalk, many different bars ( rising bar ), aqua show, comedy club, 2 flow riders and much more.

Freedom

Excellent snorkeling in Bonaire, Curacao and Aruba

FYI: Until the end of this year the Freedom is the last ship in the fleet to have the Connoisseur Club (cigar bar) 

RCL passengers rate the crew as the most friendly in the fleet

Sailing out of Puerto Rico means you are starting your cruise in the Caribbean and are going SOUTH from there

Aruba port day ends late in the evening so you can enjoy daytime activities and have a dining experience at one of Aruba's fine restaurants - Blossoms at Palm Beach for Japanese, Chinese and hibachi

Simply Fish at the Marriott (Palm Beach) for surf & turf on the beach enjoying the sunset

or Madame Janette's for Caribbean fare with a touch of Dutch in a local neighborhood between the low rise (Eagle Beach) and high rise (Palm Beach).

These are just a few of many excellent restaurants on the One Happy Island , also referred to as heaven on earth.

Either  ship is good - enjoy your cruise

3 hours ago, ccm02339 said:

We are booked on Allure Dec 15th and have lost Roatan for Nassau.  Will Stop at Coco Cay, Costa Maya and Cozumel.Husband wants to switch to Freedom out of San Juan to Curacau Aruba Bonaire and St Thomas.  He wants to Scuba in St Thomas bc that was plan for Roatan.  We did sail Freedom 10 years ago and was great but were excited about our first Oasis class ship.  Our kids are 21 and 19

We can change flights but FLL is so much simpler, direct flights and we know what to expect.

Is there good Scuba in Nassau? What else would you recommend?

Is Allure that much better than Freedom?

We had booked Maya Chan and the Cozumel Bar hop, suggestions for Curacau, Aruba or Bonaire?

Anything else I should consider?  I've looked at other Oasis class ships for the week and either itinerary or pricing are not agreeable

Thanks for your help

Sarah 

Although I haven't managed to sail on the Oasis class yet (our TA was cancelled due to falling cranes - sigh), I agree with your husband.  The itinerary on the Freedom out of PR is SOOOOOOOO much better, IMO.   And the Freedom is a wonderful ship. I just did that cruise at the beginning of May and can't even begin to describe what a wonderful time it was and how great all the ports were.  The Oasis class ships seem wonderful but I would wait for a better itinerary and wouldn't choose Nassau over Aruba for one.  🙂